Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree

More coats on it now
20210716_101627.jpg

Looks great for real. You don't see many that color and I'm digging it!

Canyon08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting you had the Dino/diatom bloom mostly on your glass. I’m curious as to why my current bloom is only on the sandbed and not on the rock or glass. The sand and rock all when in the tank at the same time. In fact I have some newer pieces of rock in there than the sand. Interesting.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting you had the Dino/diatom bloom mostly on your glass. I’m curious as to why my current bloom is only on the sandbed and not on the rock or glass. The sand and rock all when in the tank at the same time. In fact I have some newer pieces of rock in there than the sand. Interesting.
Hmm. I dont have sand in this holding tank. If I did maybe it would have grown there the most? Maybe the lack of sand had it grow on the next "best" surface for it.

wareagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a species of prorocentrum dino that prefers to live in the sand.

Canyon08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a species of prorocentrum dino that prefers to live in the sand.
Maybe so. Any ideas on managing it? I know it should go away on its own in time. Just wondering if I should vacuum just the top layer of sand daily, possibly weekly? Or just ride it out until it’s gone? Sorry jrain don’t mean to take over your build thread. Beautiful tank btw your rock is gorgeous all by itself!

wareagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe so. Any ideas on managing it? I know it should go away on its own in time. Just wondering if I should vacuum just the top layer of sand daily, possibly weekly? Or just ride it out until it’s gone? Sorry jrain don’t mean to take over your build thread. Beautiful tank btw your rock is gorgeous all by itself!
Start here unless you want to do the Jrain904 method and get real live rock. I've never had real live rock, but I'm always interested in seeing all the life that comes with it.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

no worries! Just glad to see my thread being helpful to someone!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that rock. so much purple coralline.
it wasn’t available at the time i placed my order with KP so i got their starter rock which would be perfect for someone who wants all the benefits of real ocean rock but minimal critters. It worked out just fine and after several weeks there’s now lots of coralline.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that rock. so much purple coralline.
it wasn’t available at the time i placed my order with KP so i got their starter rock which would be perfect for someone who wants all the benefits of real ocean rock but minimal critters. It worked out just fine and after several weeks there’s now lots of coralline.
Nice. I was curious about their starter rock. Post some pics. Would love to see it!

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the interest of being cheap I decided to try out a paint color I had sitting around from painting a room in my house. I think it looks ok. This is just the first coat.

20210714_143000.jpg

20210714_143013.jpg
Was this originally the Brooklyn Industries stand? Phenomenal Job my friend .

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK UPDATE!

I was up until 1am last night setting up the new aquarium and transferring all my rock and livestock from the "holding tank". Everything went well and haven't seen any losses. A friend of mine will be delivering the rest of my coral he was holding for me tomorrow morning. Look out for a big update tomorrow!

20210717_180930.jpg
20210717_180933.jpg
20210717_180949.jpg
20210717_180957.jpg
20210717_181004.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 29.2%
Back