OP
Ray's-Reef

Ray's-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update. Organized both drain pipes and made a little panel box for the 3 controllers.

4.jpg 5.jpg

OP
OP
Ray's-Reef

Ray's-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The refugium lights look quite white and bluish. Not much red. Hopefully this spectrum is good to grow Chaeto. The weather is good in London so gave the workshop a quick tidy up..

M1.jpg M2.jpg M3.jpg M5.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The refugium lights look quite white and bluish. Not much red. Hopefully this spectrum is good to grow Chaeto. The weather is good in London so gave the workshop a quick tidy up..

M1.jpg M2.jpg M3.jpg M5.jpg
Looks good.

I didn’t get on with the refugium, just because all sorts of ’stuff’ started growing down there that I didn’t like the look of, so it will be good to see how it works out, I know it’s a common method

I also tried the ALR2 reactor and that was rubbish for my S650 tank anyway, nothing grew. It just went all ‘mushy’

OP
OP
Ray's-Reef

Ray's-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good.

I didn’t get on with the refugium, just because all sorts of ’stuff’ started growing down there that I didn’t like the look of, so it will be good to see how it works out, I know it’s a common method

I also tried the ALR2 reactor and that was rubbish for my S650 tank anyway, nothing grew. It just went all ‘mushy’

I never grew Chaeto in a reef tank before but always thought it was easy to grow but as you mentioned it is all the other nasties that grows with it.. I am using the bagged up alfagrog beneath the chaeto sandwiches as mechanical filtration to catch any waste and will clean it when needed.

coral408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very detailed work and neat sum setup! nice aquascape! definitely will follow.

Last edited:

d.nguyener92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start Ray and Welcome to R2R!!!

Ive got a 4 1/2 year old S650 mixed reef so if you need any help just let me know

The sump redesign is probably much better, I keep meaning to buy another one and re arrange it, in particular install an X Filter 1 or 1.7 into it like in my big tank.
Great start Ray and Welcome to R2R!!!

Ive got a 4 1/2 year old S650 mixed reef so if you need any help just let me know

The sump redesign is probably much better, I keep meaning to buy another one and re arrange it, in particular install an X Filter 1 or 1.7 into it like in my big tank.
Do you still have s-650?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back