My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaxon does’t understand the attraction to that funny looking glass water bowl with things swimming in it, especially since he doesn’t fit ;)

20211E89-E984-47F6-B126-6AA6DF8C478A.jpeg

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
June 2019
Couple new residents. I’ve waited 5 months for the White Tail Bristletooth Tang. He’s my baby. I lost my first one to velvet. Losing those fish still gets to me, but this is a new beginning :)

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish!
He is, but don’t mess with his territory. When I use the long scraper or the turkey baster to blow of the rocks, he comes out full throttle. I already want a tank big enough to have multiple tangs:p:)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a long day..peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and a spoon. Marshmallow Fluff the only thing my little hometown is know for;Happy
33EA6727-10D7-41D6-9CAD-B165A21E119F.jpeg
IMG_20200306_223526_01.gif
I love that.
IMG_20200218_215437_7691_01.jpg
Loki and Skyler say hi

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hello i caught up ,love the bristle tooth

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today was a comedy of errors. It was tank cleaning day, with a side of vacuum the sump, Simple, right? Wrong! Every month I vacuum the sump, feeding the water through a filter and back into the sump. I use an mj1200 with a Vac attachment to the intake and silicone tubing/filter sock attached to the output. I go to the garage to get everything off the shelf and notice that it is sitting in a bucket I used for the hospital tank. I am very aware of cross-contamination, so surely, I didn't use it in the hospital tank. The problem is, I don't remember (MS has done wonders for my memory), and staring at it harder didn't help. Well, one less thing to mess with. Get all my stuff set up to clean the display and can't ignore my MP40's we're looking pretty bad, so I decided I needed to clean them. Now, anyone that uses the Vortechs knows how strong the magnets are on the wet side. Apparently, my brain decided to take another break (I bet you see where this is going), and after taking the second one apart, I went to place it DIRECTLY beside the one I had already taken apart. BAD MOVE, because those two magnets clicked together so fast it would make your head spin. I know it did mine, but that may have had more to do with the fact my finger got pinched between the two pieces. Being the smart person that I am, get the rusty old screwdriver that looked strong enough to pry them apart. The problem was that they were both still slimy, and that screwed slipped right through, into my finger. My daughter came to the rescue, shaking her head saying, "I love you, mom" (that's her polite way of telling me I did something stupid). Luckily, I had a tetanus shot a few months ago after stepping on the rusty screw from the roofers who replaced the roof a year ago. I am one lucky person. By this point, I'm laughing, because honestly, does it get any better than this? Yup, sure does.

I vacuum the sand bed, which is pretty entertaining because my whitetail does not like the hose in his tank and precedes to attack it with gusto! He may look harmless, but he's a killer. Now, time to fill it up. By this point, I'm whipped and want everything done, so I try to multi-task. Bad move. I overfill the tank by 3 gallons, 2.5 of which is the extra I made to clean the hospital tank. There is no way I'm using water from the main tank for the hospital tank and have my poor Anthias get something else, so it's off to make more water until I see I've already put water in a container and placed it by the hospital tank. I'm efficient like that. The end is in sight, so I happily perform the water change on the hospital tank, clean up the wreck I made of the kitchen and living room where the main tank is and decide I earned a bubble bath. While soaking away the stress of the day, it suddenly dawns on me that, in fact, I made one more "error." If I had already put 2.5 gallons aside for the hospital tank, that meant my math skills are definitely lacking. I made 3 gallons more saltwater than I needed. Time for bed...o_O

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today was a comedy of errors. It was tank cleaning day, with a side of vacuum the sump, Simple, right? Wrong! Every month I vacuum the sump, feeding the water through a filter and back into the sump. I use an mj1200 with a Vac attachment to the intake and silicone tubing/filter sock attached to the output. I go to the garage to get everything off the shelf and notice that it is sitting in a bucket I used for the hospital tank. I am very aware of cross-contamination, so surely, I didn't use it in the hospital tank. The problem is, I don't remember (MS has done wonders for my memory), and staring at it harder didn't help. Well, one less thing to mess with. Get all my stuff set up to clean the display and can't ignore my MP40's we're looking pretty bad, so I decided I needed to clean them. Now, anyone that uses the Vortechs knows how strong the magnets are on the wet side. Apparently, my brain decided to take another break (I bet you see where this is going), and after taking the second one apart, I went to place it DIRECTLY beside the one I had already taken apart. BAD MOVE, because those two magnets clicked together so fast it would make your head spin. I know it did mine, but that may have had more to do with the fact my finger got pinched between the two pieces. Being the smart person that I am, get the rusty old screwdriver that looked strong enough to pry them apart. The problem was that they were both still slimy, and that screwed slipped right through, into my finger. My daughter came to the rescue, shaking her head saying, "I love you, mom" (that's her polite way of telling me I did something stupid). Luckily, I had a tetanus shot a few months ago after stepping on the rusty screw from the roofers who replaced the roof a year ago. I am one lucky person. By this point, I'm laughing, because honestly, does it get any better than this? Yup, sure does.

I vacuum the sand bed, which is pretty entertaining because my whitetail does not like the hose in his tank and precedes to attack it with gusto! He may look harmless, but he's a killer. Now, time to fill it up. By this point, I'm whipped and want everything done, so I try to multi-task. Bad move. I overfill the tank by 3 gallons, 2.5 of which is the extra I made to clean the hospital tank. There is no way I'm using water from the main tank for the hospital tank and have my poor Anthias get something else, so it's off to make more water until I see I've already put water in a container and placed it by the hospital tank. I'm efficient like that. The end is in sight, so I happily perform the water change on the hospital tank, clean up the wreck I made of the kitchen and living room where the main tank is and decide I earned a bubble bath. While soaking away the stress of the day, it suddenly dawns on me that, in fact, I made one more "error." If I had already put 2.5 gallons aside for the hospital tank, that meant my math skills are definitely lacking. I made 3 gallons more saltwater than I needed. Time for bed...o_O

Duplicate

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Duplicate

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what exactly just happened but, apparently, R2R liked my previous post so much it decided to post it four times and delete the original. Very strange...

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back