My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really loved the t5 part of my Giesemann Aurora, but really disliked their LEDs. In my opinion, they couldn’t compete with the Radions I had, so....
listed the Giesemann on R2R on April 25 and it sold on May 8th! Now I had to take that bad boy down, pack it up, and get it to UPS.

Jaxon is looking at me like “yeah, right mom”. Luckily, I still had the box
1579920791881.jpeg

Note to self, while confirming a high powered light works, don‘t look directly at it to take a stupid picture for your build threado_O
1579921106514.jpeg

Ta-da!
1579921234182.jpeg

1579921299505.jpeg

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent photos and coral. Very nice system and well thought out. I love my RS 425
Love mine too. Unfortunately, the glass has some scratches on the inside. I had a really hard time catching the fish in the original setup. Not really noticeable, but I know they’re there.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry I missed this post. I must have done something wrong with my notification preferences. I get notifications on everything!

What % do you run your Radions? Still struggling with getting the lighting right. I’m running over to your build thread to spy on your tank;)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry I missed this post. I must have done something wrong with my notification preferences. I get notifications on everything!

What % do you run your Radions? Still struggling with getting the lighting right. I’m running over to your build thread to spy on your tank;)
I have been trying to figure out what power. I had couple los 4” of the sand bed start shrinking and loosing color. Ended up at 37% and started loosing SPS so a few weeks ago I raised power to 43%. My LFS has a par meter I can use just haven’t had time to play with it.

In the next month I will try to get par reading and keep you posted

Don’t get confused with my thread. I tried AI hydras bit I didn’t like them

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to figure out what power. I had couple los 4” of the sand bed start shrinking and loosing color. Ended up at 37% and started loosing SPS so a few weeks ago I raised power to 43%. My LFS has a par meter I can use just haven’t had time to play with it.

In the next month I will try to get par reading and keep you posted

Don’t get confused with my thread. I tried AI hydras bit I didn’t like them
I rented a par meter from BRS. My LFS has one, but you have to do some mathematical equation for led’s. It made my eyes crosso_O
I’m using the Coral Lab SPS PHX14. I’m at 70%, but the xr15 g4 pro’s aren’t as powerful?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rented a par meter from BRS. My LFS has one, but you have to do some mathematical equation for led’s. It made my eyes crosso_O
I’m using the Coral Lab SPS PHX14. I’m at 70%, but the xr15 g4 pro’s aren’t as powerful?
I think the xr15 are about 1/2 the power and if that is the case we are probably close to the same intensity.

Looking forward following along and seeing your tank progress.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the xr15 are about 1/2 the power and if that is the case we are probably close to the same intensity.

Looking forward following along and seeing your tank progress.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to post more this weekend. I have been FIGHTING with setting up a controller board. Definitely easier before the tank is running:p

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I posted here, so I thought I'd check-in. The last few weeks have been rough. I have medical issues that tend to slam me without warning, usually when everything else is a mess. Can we say stress? Also, multiple doctors have been either testing me or throwing meds at me, trying to figure out why my sinus are such a mess. I keep suggesting that they check to see if I have allergies to things other than pollen. I literally have three bags under my eyes, my occasional Tinnitus is now a constant, and is louder than normal tv volume. Unfortunately, it doesn't look to be getting better. The good news is I finally have an appointment this week to be tested.
In my last post, I mentioned I'd been struggling with setting up a controller board. When I first got the tank, I had someone build me something similar to the one I saw here (I haven't gotten to that fiasco on my build yet). Needless to say, I had to do something else. I decided my safest bet would be to buy the Marine Depot controller board. It looked so easy in the video. Well, maybe if you didn't already have your tank against the wall. Of course, the next day is when my health went down the tube. One day, after walking by the mess still setting in our living room, I decided I felt well enough to give it another try. Dumb move on my part because I really wasn't "well enough." I was so worn down, that when it came to putting the door back on the tank, I didn't notice that the gentlemen that installed the original mess didn't use the original screws that came with the door, so I used the screws he used, and they were too long. Guess what? They pushed out the other side..
AB5DB16C-5D11-4FA5-BFEB-C19B87798C39.jpeg

To make matters worse, I stripped the LAST screw I needed to remove the door, so I had to remove the bracket from the door. I still haven’t figured out how to remove a stripped screw.:p
91C081C2-F540-47EF-B605-DB35BD721420.jpeg

Damaging the cabinet when I was so close to having my build the way I wanted it, sucked the life out of me. All that would be left was building a manifold (don't worry, my LFS is doing it for me). I took a "tank break" and took care of myself. Stuff happens when you push yourself to do something when you're not 100%. It's an expensive lesson. Well, not exactly, because I can't fix it unless I drain the tank, and that's not happening.

Life goes on. I'm over myself (not beating myself up over it), I'm feeling better (stopped trying to do things that I wasn't up to), and reminded myself that I'm very blessed. I have a beautiful family, a roof over my head, food on the table, and I'm a part of this great forum! I'm going to start working on my build thread again, hopefully, tomorrow. Now, if I could just turn the volume down on this stupid Tinnitus.o_O

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 11th.. All lit up! Time to program.
07994A0A-61AE-4B76-AE0F-EB7175D24DE8.jpeg

Actually, TRY to figure out a program. Decided to program them using Ecosmart Live, at least until I got more comfortable with the programming. I’ll let you know when that happens;Dead

Started with the SPS AB+, but wasn’t happy with the results/look of the tank. I switched to the SPS PHX14 and like the coloring more, but I am partial to blues.

LFS store called, and wanted me to send them a pic of the tank with the lights and 100%. They had a customer in the store who wasn’t sure if they were bright enough...
124E17CE-F4BD-492E-9D3A-AD5AADBC6E83.jpeg

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little out of order, but I had to include my favorite skimmer. I know people love their Vertex skimmer, but I just didn’t have any luck with mine. I had just drained the sump, pulled it out and cleaned the mess left behind from the last overflow. Heading back to bed and it smelled like something died. Opened the cabinet and the skimmer had gone nuts. It was everywhere! I now have a Reef Octopus Regal 150sss and LOVE it!
3B5E22B5-22D2-42FC-A29C-1FCECD292C77.jpeg

I was starting to believe my tank was cursed:p

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
June 2019
Decided on a Pentair 25 watt UV Sterilizer. I still haven’t built a manifold, so its running on its own pump. It was to big to fit in the cabinet, so I had to drain the sump and part of the tank to put it behind the cabinet..
16879DE8-5F35-40D3-8B8A-8B9AC24C3DF3.jpeg

26192C26-224B-4ECB-ACCD-DBE4D8D7380A.jpeg

I didn’t make to big of a mess.
It was suggested I upgrade the sump pump return outlet nozzle (that’s a mouthful). I had no idea there was such a BIG difference in size
6D88DB43-6233-4A06-A8D9-70B91ACAE99E.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back