My Red Sea Reefer Nano.. (one of the last reefer nano's?!?)

TheLost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a home remodel required me to move my Reefer 350.. I did what anybody would do and decided to upgrade to a larger tank! Jump forward a few months and the Reefer 350 is sold, but lumber prices are still crazy high, and the basement project (where the new tank will go) has been pushed off until 2022.

Before...
tank.jpg

After..
IMG_0181.jpg

.. but when a pandemic and lumber prices give you lemons, you make.... a new Nano reef tank to hold you over until your basement is finished :)

I looked over my options and settled on the Red Sea Reefer Nano. However, it looks like the Red Sea Nano has been discontinued. I searched high & low for a few weeks and was lucky enough to find what might be one of the last Reefer Nanos. Maybe all the websites that list the Nano as discontinued are wrong, Maybe Red Sea will release Reefer Nano v2... Maybe nobody likes the Reefer Nano's... but hey.. I got mine.

Delivery day was last week..
IMG_0236.jpg

(don't judge my messy garage.. I'm in the middle of a remodel still!)

The box was a little (lot) smashed... but luckily all the glass was in great shape..
IMG_0237.jpg

And now it will sit in my dark and unfinished basement... Waiting for flooring guys, who are waiting on the painters, who haven't started on my den yet ( :( )
IMG_0299.jpg

... So.. what do you do when things take TWENTY TIMES LONGER to get done?

You play with rocks..
IMG_0220.jpg

.. and then you put the rocks in brute trashcan in your dark (unfinished!) basement while you wait for the painters to call and postpone again...
IMG_0298.jpg

To be continued...

Back