My Reef Creations FMC-422 filters - where to source the filter material?

reefdiver73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a "My Reef Creations" FMC-422 and need replacement filters. I reached out to MRC and they forwarded my e-mail to a dealer who was kind enough to offer me two filters for "$34.99 plus shipping". If I have to bite the bullet and buy them from that dealer fine, but that's highway robbery. It's literally $2 worth of some sort of washable filter media that is about 1" thick and cut into a 4" circle with a hole punched out of the middle. I'm a little miffed by the price. Does anyone know of any alternative sources for that type of filter material?

FMC Filter.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

LuisPerez711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I'm going to assume the "4" in the 422 is the diameter of the reactor because the 22 is the height, which is 22".

MRC x-series media reactors have a 4 inch diameter as well. I found the sponges for the x-series and am guessing it will fit the 422 model you have, BUT I am not 100% sure. You be the judge.

OP
OP
R

reefdiver73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I'm going to assume the "4" in the 422 is the diameter of the reactor because the 22 is the height, which is 22".

MRC x-series media reactors have a 4 inch diameter as well. I found the sponges for the x-series and am guessing it will fit the 422 model you have, BUT I am not 100% sure. You be the judge.

Thank you! That at least confirms my "highway robbery" statement with the "$34.99 + shipping" price I was given. $9.99 for two is more in line. I'll take a close look at the specs of the two different reactors, but I suspect you just found the filter I need. Thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back