My Reefbot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Well I figure since I’ve bad mouthed it due to not being able to get it to work I might as well post praises now that’s it’s working. So far all my tests are matching my manual results. I gotta say I’m liking it now that I can trust the results. I think what finally got me over the hump was getting the mixer to work so it spins the magnets and running the calibration till it calibrated successfully.

Glad to see you got a resolution and a fully functional product. Hopefully my own device can do this one day as well.

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Take it all back, it's back to not working. I am so frustrated with this piece of equipment. And the problem is they want me to continue to take it apart and repair/replace stuff. The latest in the long line of issues is the stirrer won't do anything when i request for the reefbot to run some tests. To get it to work i am having to squirt WD40 on it and move it around some. So basically i can only run tests manually and have to stand there and get it to work.

What is their answer? They want to send me some part once again for me to replace. Last i checked i am not employed by Reef Kinetics. There have been too many issues that i have had to personally fix. They still won't allow me to send the unit back. Even after what appears to be the 3rd or 4th issue from a brand new $900 tester.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Take it all back, it's back to not working. I am so frustrated with this piece of equipment. And the problem is they want me to continue to take it apart and repair/replace stuff. The latest in the long line of issues is the stirrer won't do anything when i request for the reefbot to run some tests. To get it to work i am having to squirt WD40 on it and move it around some. So basically i can only run tests manually and have to stand there and get it to work.

What is their answer? They want to send me some part once again for me to replace. Last i checked i am not employed by Reef Kinetics. There have been too many issues that i have had to personally fix. They still won't allow me to send the unit back. Even after what appears to be the 3rd or 4th issue from a brand new $900 tester.
I have two of these pieces of junk sitting here. Nothing but bent needles, rusted cheap enclosures and electrical connections (super safe machine....) and useless customer support. They just brush it off saying that they haven't heard of bent needles, and all of my other problems. They should take them all back and give us our money back, which is obviously never going to happen because they won't acknowledge any fault of the machines design or production, only stupidity on their customers part. Terribly designed machine, and poorly run business.

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
I have two of these pieces of junk sitting here. Nothing but bent needles, rusted cheap enclosures and electrical connections (super safe machine....) and useless customer support. They just brush it off saying that they haven't heard of bent needles, and all of my other problems. They should take them all back and give us our money back, which is obviously never going to happen because they won't acknowledge any fault of the machines design or production, only stupidity on their customers part. Terribly designed machine, and poorly run business.

Dude I couldn’t agree more. I have spent the past week arguing with someone over whether my stirrer is working. I’ve sent videos of it working and they still argue with me that is the problem. Now they want me to change out the stirrer. This is after changing multiple electronic chips, repairing the prox switch, replacing countless bent needles, the list goes on. I’ve had it with this point of sale. They refuse to send me a working unit and I am done repairing their machine. I can’t believe they are still selling these things. I have officially given up on it ever working and them sending me a replacement. This machine is only 4 months old and in that time I think I’ve gotten maybe 3 good results out of 100 done.

Be warned to any of you who buy this, it will break down and you will be expected to repair it. Which is doubtful will get repaired.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
I had multiple issues with one of my units. Eventually I had to replace both acuators and the wiring. And then the testing chamber was overflowing. Sent it in for repairs and then my other unit started to have issues with the acuator. I was told it's rare for one acuator to go, let alone two and that it's probably the electricity in my house....except one unit is in my house and the other is in my office. Now I'm waiting on parts for the other unit so I get to play manufacturer again, take it apart myself and hope I put it back together correctly.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had multiple issues with one of my units. Eventually I had to replace both acuators and the wiring. And then the testing chamber was overflowing. Sent it in for repairs and then my other unit started to have issues with the acuator. I was told it's rare for one acuator to go, let alone two and that it's probably the electricity in my house....except one unit is in my house and the other is in my office. Now I'm waiting on parts for the other unit so I get to play manufacturer again, take it apart myself and hope I put it back together correctly.
The house power is to blame with an external meanwell power supply for the whole unit?! They are revealing themselves to be super incompetent, and delusional. So disappointing.

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
So I had to post this because if I told you I doubt you would believe it. Been fighting with them over this stirrer problem so I finally gave in and said ok that’s the problem how do I fix it? His response is unbelievable.

Basically that I should bend the main piece of metal that holds all the vials or bend the piece of metal the stirrer is attached to. The third option he says is to tighten the screws the chamber is attached to - never mind the fact the stirrer does spin but spins slowly. By the way when I did attempt to tighten those screws the piece that holds the chamber cracked. I think I have no choice but to put this thing up because I’m getting no where and the recommendations coming from them is laughable now.

061BB27A-38FC-496C-9E4C-40A4B1F0F4B2.png

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
And if that didn’t convince you, they’ve resorted to asking me if I have an electric drill...

If I didn’t have screenshots I almost wouldn’t believe this.

FA5A65D4-8070-4BAC-829D-EEAAE3E0A557.png

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Other than bending needle every time I replace my syringe. Reef bot worked fine with me. My bot was numbered #86. So I was one of the earlier ones.

At first it had some problem, then it worked well for almost a year. Now one of the 3D printed part start to give up, but it was a easy fix for me.

I couldn't have keep my tank running without it... so over all I am happy with the machine.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that others have had similar experiences to mine. The company seems to be only focused on marketing. Just recently saw one off the videos where they now how Dr. Sanjay saying how amazing and reliable the product is and I honestly almost vomited. Marketing at it's finest. Glad I'm back to manual testing. This device was the biggest waste of time and money I have experienced in the hobby to date.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back