My reefer 250 deluxe build, no more biocube!!

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current look of the tank itself, picking up a large sps pack from Rob's 300g tank that was featured reef tank last month so its gonna be beautiful pack to say the least! still working on a lighting schedule I like. Currently trying out the AB+ low power schedule for AI but just switched that a couple days ago. getting solid PE from my current sps and frags have already encrusted onto rocks. Havent glued down quite a few due to this new pack I'm getting and placement of them.

IMG_2008.jpg

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! In about 2-3 years my plan is to upgrade my 29 biocube to one of the RSR Penninsula tanks, and have it between our dining room and family room! It was the wife's idea too!

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! In about 2-3 years my plan is to upgrade my 29 biocube to one of the RSR Penninsula tanks, and have it between our dining room and family room! It was the wife's idea too!
Nice! my buddy has one and its beautiful. I just recently talked the fiancé into 750xxl once we get the new house. so naturally the first thing ive looked at when walking into homes is where can I put the tank! lol

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my sps pack! Pretty stoked about it, Even came with a nice sized JF flame and RR Pink Floyd, CITR Red Dragon as well as 5 others. Not gonna lie, mildly nervous but only time will tell

941B099D-04B9-4B86-92B0-B032669E306F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see those SPS frags mounted and growing!!
i need to figure out the best way to take some decent pics that really show the color, but here is a massive chunk of ORA Red Planet that I got on Monday, that is a 4inch disc its sitting on lol I got a screaming deal on it too. Not sure if this is where I want to keep it mounted but its definitely happy for the time being. Hard to place such a large piece but I didn't want to frag it up

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2090.jpg

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this little sunset milli randomly for free, horrible picture but its become one of my favorites

IMG_2044.JPG

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another crappy picture from a few weeks ago, you can kind of make out some of the new sps, can see the tips of the JF Flame and a few others. Only thing that's missing is my large wetthumbs bumble gum digi that I'm currently debating if I want to keep it in its current location. Have my gyres running pretty heavy and it seems to be getting direct flow which I'm not really a fan of

IMG_2050.JPG

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Circa916 Hey neighbor (literally) lol did you get your frags from a LFS? I'm in Citrus Heights.. just wondering where'd you get the acros... Tank is looks great so far

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Circa916 Hey neighbor (literally) lol did you get your frags from a LFS? I'm in Citrus Heights.. just wondering where'd you get the acros... Tank is looks great so far
haha yeh you are super close! right down the street lol Ive gotten a few frags from lfs but the majority of acros ive gotten have been from local reefers, one in particular that has a very large system that hes breaking down for an even larger system.

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I got all my acros from a local guy as well.. Just moved to the area from CO a few month back and all my corals were lost during the move

haha yeh you are super close! right down the street lol Ive gotten a few frags from lfs but the majority of acros ive gotten have been from local reefers, one in particular that has a very large system that hes breaking down for an even larger system.

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I got all my acros from a local guy as well.. Just moved to the area from CO a few month back and all my corals were lost during the move
ahhh dang that sucks! that's a long move with a full tank cant say id attempt it lol
Ya I get some stuff from Your Reef which is right down the street from me (they are having their live sale today too) but the guys from 916 reef club always have some amazing pieces. Here is just a portion of the stuff one the guys ive gotten a lot from. All fragged from his 300g and his main display tank still looks insanely full

IMG_2097.JPG

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! That's sick! I'm not in the 916 club because I dont have FB.. Yeah, I shipped my corals when I moved but the post office lost the package! Took 3 days and everything was stressed and it was a mess! Don't want to relive it again lol!

ahhh dang that sucks! that's a long move with a full tank cant say id attempt it lol
Ya I get some stuff from Your Reef which is right down the street from me (they are having their live sale today too) but the guys from 916 reef club always have some amazing pieces. Here is just a portion of the stuff one the guys ive gotten a lot from. All fragged from his 300g and his main display tank still looks insanely full

IMG_2097.JPG

OP
OP
Circa916

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! That's sick! I'm not in the 916 club because I dont have FB.. Yeah, I shipped my corals when I moved but the post office lost the package! Took 3 days and everything was stressed and it was a mess! Don't want to relive it again lol!
I couldn't even imagine! id be so ticked. sorry about all that!
You should definitely look into it just for the reef club lol search Roberts 300g here on r2r and youll see his entire display tank. it was featured in January. He has some amazing stuff

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert from Your Reef or Robert from AquaLife.. I know Robert from AquaLife ha shown me pics from his tank before but I haven't gotten anything from him.. I stocked up from another guy local in the area..

I couldn't even imagine! id be so ******. sorry about all that!
You should definitely look into it just for the reef club lol search Roberts 300g here on r2r and youll see his entire display tank. it was featured in January. He has some amazing stuff

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back