OP
Brody’s Reef

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no update! So here is a photo dump of the whole tank under the T5 lights!

3D5F0854-450B-405B-8D34-283382E40A81.jpeg

3C4BDBC2-E465-4AFF-872F-995C6189AE79.jpeg

68946A01-584F-4C59-B8D7-EC3BD489D2B3.jpeg

8DC2C933-58F0-41DA-A17A-E94423B35211.jpeg

DCD0AF13-361E-4D4F-8C4D-319E6E5AA73D.jpeg

OP
OP
Brody’s Reef

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that I've done my photo dump I'll go into what's been happening with the tank lately. Overall the tank is doing amazing! I've lost a few corals over time but the majority of them are thriving and growing!

The reason I quit posting is because I found out that we are moving back to our hometown and I didn't know what was going to happen to the tank. We are moving a little over an hour away but moving the tank is going to be a giant task. In the beginning I thought I would just sell the tank and eventually build a new one at the new house. So I decided I was going to try to not mess with the tank during that time so I didn't spend too much time and money on it. Fortunately or Unfortunately in doing so the tank started thriving and doing better than ever!

So now the tank is growing really well and starting to mature. I'm having a hard time with the idea of selling it so I talked with my LFS to see if they would help me get it moved. Their price was reasonable so I think that's what we are going to do for now. I'm hoping it all goes smoothly!

The one thing that's not going so well right now is dosing the tank. I use Tropic Marin All For Reef for dosing and it works AMAZING! The only problem is Tropic Marin products are out of stock pretty much everywhere in the US. So now I have to come up with a new solution to dosing. I know there are lots of good products but AFR made it really simple since I was dosing by hand every day.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great looking tank! hope the. move goes well!

rregarding the all for reef.... there are a few options, depending on what's available to you, and how much work or effort you'rer willing to put into it.

DIY all for reef. just purchase the ingrredients, and mix it up yourself.
you'll need: (all trropic marin) carbo calcium powder, bio magnesium powder, and trace elements A and K.

or... TM balling method, just dose 3 part A, B and C, and add trace and Mg as required.

your favorite other Ca, Alk, Mg, trace dosing additives, until you can get your hands on more All for reef.

J.

OP
OP
Brody’s Reef

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an update on the 80 gallon....It’s empty....
424D1E13-2EB6-4362-9678-1964DEBE3FDD.jpeg

I had to tear down the tank because I won’t be able to move into the new house before I move out of my current house so I was unable to keep the tank. It’s unfortunate because the tank was really coming together but this does pose a new opportunity for me.

I have worked out a deal with my LFS so that I can trade in my livestock and equipment for some credit to start building my next tank. For the next tank I’m going to be going back to an AIO system to try out Planet Aquariums new Tideline 47.5 gallon AIO tank. I’m going a bit smaller since I don’t have as much space in the new house but it’s still big enough to keep a lot of the different types of fish and corals that I like.

I was able to keep my two black storm clownfish so once I get the new tank set up and cycled I’ll be able to add them back. So I think that is going to be the end of this thread but hopefully just the beginning for the next one.

Thanks to all who have followed along!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back