Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn’t
I have another video of someone (cough cough sawcjack) dropping pennies in my sump...

That particular someone forgot that there are cameras in the fish room.

Perhaps sharing that video might be more interesting to you??

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the King of the tank, Lips the blonde naso.

20230126_161217.jpg

@SawCJack00 , thanks for the copper treatment looks like it got rid of all the ich!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank has been up and running for 5 years now... thought I'd revive the thread and share a video if what it looks like today.

Some absolutely beautiful colonies!!

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent my sunday reading this thread from start to finish. Absolutely incredible build! A true engineer to say the least! Very inspiring! the creative mind and attention to detail Geeesh, what a ride.

would love to see an update on the fish room.

any of changes you’ve made the last year or so? Is there anything you would do differently?

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bunch of acros from @Epic Aquaculture .

Gonna let these grow a bit in the frag system before they make it over to the display.

20230810_120104.jpg

1. Cherry Bomb
2. Candyland
3. King Fiji
4. Eatsh*t
5. Pristige Wolrd Wide
6. Vivids Insanity
7. Pearlberry
8. Home wrecker

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gonna let these grow a bit in the frag system before they make it over to the display.

20230810_120104.jpg

1. Cherry Bomb
2. Candyland
3. King Fiji
4. Eatsh*t
5. Pristige Wolrd Wide
6. Vivids Insanity
7. Pearlberry
8. Home wrecker
They look amazing Jimmy! Thank you very much for your business!

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have to say is.....Quit showin off!!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: just kidding. In all seriousness, you are an engineer by trade right? gotta be! Absolutely bangin setup and tank.
1 question though, why the step under the tank stand?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

20230810_120104.jpg

1. Cherry Bomb
2. Candyland
3. King Fiji
4. Eatsh*t
5. Pristige Wolrd Wide
6. Vivids Insanity
7. Pearlberry
8. Home wrecker
Chunky Frags!!!!

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 question though, why the step under the tank stand?
That was a tough call. I can't remember the details exactly. Because I moved the load bearing wall out 13", it required the proper support at the foundation, it came down to either cutting a hole in the concrete putting in the proper size footer and then tie everything back to the existing foundation or use some sort composite material on top of the concrete to carry the load to the existing footer and then encase it in concrete.

It was a lot cheaper to choose the latter and deal with the step.

To this day, I still think cutting into the existing concrete would've caused issues down the road. I was already concerned with the choice i made, and the first couple years I would religiously inspect the surrounding foundation for cracks in the tile or some sort of movement but after about 2 years I stopped worrying.

All I have to say is.....Quit showin off!!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: just kidding. I
Well, some of this is a continuation of ideas that I've learned from past build threads. Some of it is dirrived from trying to figure out a solution to a paticular problem. Admittedly most of my ideas are unique but they just seemed to make sense.

Every now and then I'll be humbled when I come across a build thread of someone incorporating my ideas. Just to know that hobbyists can take something I did and refine it to fit their needs is a quiet pat on the back.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sisterlimonpot

What’s your alkalinity at? That’s very impressive growth for 1.5 years after the AEFW reset.

Have you ever considered joining a acro growing contest?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sisterlimonpot

What’s your alkalinity at? That’s very impressive growth for 1.5 years after the AEFW reset.
Currently at 10.9. I run the kalk controller to ensure pH stays at 8.30. Everything else has to adapt to that.

Have you ever considered joining a acro growing contest?
No, locally we have a coral farmer (@Epic Aquaculture ) that would put my growth to shame. You can say I use him as my measuring stick, and I often find myself falling short... in otherwords, he keeps me humble. Although, I think every time he comes to visit he sabotage my tank somehow.

I honestly think he would've beat all those guys in that TCK grow out competition with all those internet influencers. He has such a blue thumb it ridiculous!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently at 10.9. I run the kalk controller to ensure pH stays at 8.30. Everything else has to adapt to that.

No, locally we have a coral farmer (@Epic Aquaculture ) that would put my growth to shame. You can say I use him as my measuring stick, and I often find myself falling short... in otherwords, he keeps me humble. Although, I think every time he comes to visit he sabotage my tank somehow.

I honestly think he would've beat all those guys in that TCK grow out competition with all those internet influencers. He has such a blue thumb it ridiculous!
I know him (not personally though). I think he’s using Reef Moonshiners if I remember correctly. I wonder where he keeps his alkalinity and nutrients at.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything else has to adapt to that.
I love that mentality. It’s the healthiest one. I think slight indifference is good.

Often times one coral doesn’t like the tank, so then we change everything for that one coral, which might tick off the rest of them.

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know him (not personally though). I think he’s using Reef Moonshiners if I remember correctly. I wonder where he keeps his alkalinity and nutrients at.
His alk is up there too. He runs my kalk controller on all his systems with pH being top dog.

Although where we differ is with trace elements, he recently just started reef moonshine (although he'll tell you different) I don't think it's long enough to definitively say it's better.

I think his success is his ability to hover over the tank and catch issues early. That's too much work for me. I'm a wait and see kinda guy... hehe

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think his success is his ability to hover over the tank and catch issues early. That's too much work for me. I'm a wait and see kinda guy... hehe
Oof. I have been dealing with AEFW for probably a year now...without even knowing it. This photo was from May 2023. See those AEFW bite marks at the base? I just thought it was STN/RTN the ENTIRE time!

IMG_6530.jpeg

Catching things soon definitely is an integral part of being successful. Sometimes experience is required though haha.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimmy is correct. I am running out of pennies to throw into his sump :D ... I run Ph at 8.32 and everything else follows. Alk is usually around 8.5 Dkh. I shoot for NO3 of 10-20, and PO4 of .08-.12 I started Reef Moonshiners on 3/28/23 and have been very happy so far. It's really nice not having to do water changes as I used to do them weekly.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back