My rendition of 300

samson78945

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished reading this thread. I am in awe. Jealous. And hundreds of other words to describe this amazing build.

This is possibly the most detailed build I have ever seen. Congrats!

I have so many ideas for the new tank I am planning. I would love to have you build the whole thing for me! Bring that laser cutter too!

Sam

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously impressed, it appears you think about everything! More importantly have the skill set to actually “fix” everything. Trim looks great!

Thanks!! I think what you meant to say is that I have too much time on my hands.... Hehe

Trim turned out great! Thanks for sharing the process and the videos too!

Putting the poly on the side pieces today, I should be done with this part before the weekend is over...

Nice attention to detail. Admiring the execution over here.

Love the name, OCD, you would think that I suffered from that, but when I see things out of place or flat out wrong, I don't feel the need to correct it, I walk into my fish room and the amount of spaghetti I have in the form of wires is ridicules. Maybe I have selective OCD for the things that matter to me....

that is truly an awesome way to do the trim over the top yet still have the functionality to get it out of the way man! Love it!!!

My friend asked me, "why I made it so elegant? Most people will never see nor appreciate any of it." in which I reply, "it's not for them!"

I just finished reading this thread. I am in awe. Jealous. And hundreds of other words to describe this amazing build.

This is possibly the most detailed build I have ever seen. Congrats!

I have so many ideas for the new tank I am planning. I would love to have you build the whole thing for me! Bring that laser cutter too!

Sam

Every now and then it's great to be appreciated by those that really matter. A few weeks ago we had some visitors (non reefer types) that simply loved looking at the tank with all the different fish and coral, but when I took them in the back to show off the equipment, they poked their head in and said, "ahh, that neat" and went right back to the front of the tank..... GRRR!!!

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every now and then it's great to be appreciated by those that really matter. A few weeks ago we had some visitors (non reefer types) that simply loved looking at the tank with all the different fish and coral, but when I took them in the back to show off the equipment, they poked their head in and said, "ahh, that neat" and went right back to the front of the tank..... GRRR!!!

Wait, what?! The 'engine room' is one of my favorite things to see! What makes it all 'tick' is super interesting to me, and a whole slew of other reefers on here too! You said it best ... "It's not for them" - It's for you, and US! :) Happy Friday!

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally the sides:

6c5MHNAl.jpg

I23HfAql.jpg

2esCsxnl.jpg

AKnqlMHl.jpg

12 coats later, here's the final piece of the puzzle,

G2r9ykMl.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It dawned on me that I never showed off what I did with the wood trim.

Because I can only access the tank from behind, I've grown accustomed to sliding the jump screens forward to gain access into the tank. That might have been the reason why I waited so long to put trim around the tank.

Here's what it looked like when I needed to push the screens forward

kfKRBpAl.jpg

I needed to devise a way to move the top crown molding out of the way to give room for the screens.

Didn't know they made these but they sell 4" drawer glides... PERFECT!!! Just notch out the trim and add them to the back side

JSaJLNul.jpg

Looking through my phone I don't have a lot of pictures, but I did shoot a video to show some local friends. Turned to the 3d printer to make a custom slide to hold the crown molding up.

and here it is all finished

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also made a mount for the new versa quad pack, I wanted to mount it under the cross beam that makes up the back of the tank stand. By doing so, I would have covered the buttons on top of the base station.

I'm just going to show pictures... it's pretty self explanatory.

aQLgi9cl.jpg

KEW2UCMl.jpg

0yUYkuNl.jpg

W3M2w1cl.jpg

89e07V2l.jpg

Hbe912Xl.jpg

v5SF1k2l.jpg

Jk3YhOtl.jpg

FPa1LAfl.jpg

3L3G2Ful.jpg

BLFCaFzl.jpg

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also made a mount for the new versa quad pack, I wanted to mount it under the cross beam that makes up the back of the tank stand. By doing so, I would have covered the buttons on top of the base station.

I'm just going to show pictures... it's pretty self explanatory.

aQLgi9cl.jpg

KEW2UCMl.jpg

0yUYkuNl.jpg

W3M2w1cl.jpg

89e07V2l.jpg

Hbe912Xl.jpg

v5SF1k2l.jpg

Jk3YhOtl.jpg

FPa1LAfl.jpg

3L3G2Ful.jpg

BLFCaFzl.jpg
The mad scientist at work.

MoKan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I read and drool all the way to the last post in awe of the innovation and skill of this build. Honestly, reading through has inspired me to realize that I definitely need to stop procrastinating and get around to finally learning my 3d printer, getting another cnc machine, and being more innovative like yourself. I could definitely use some lessons in building some of the things you have for this project.

This is an absolutely awesome build!

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What CNC, laser printer and 3D printers do you use Sisterlimpot?
The laser is a 600 x 400 60w laser. Bought 6 years ago from a Chinese company that is no longer in business, which is scary because their software relies solely on coreldraw 4, and I have a heck of a time finding that old program free of malware.

My 3D printer is an anycibic i3 Mega, have had great customer support from them. I've had a hot plate and cooling fan issues, and they sent me free of charge a couple of each. I found it odd that they would send 2 heat beds, because they are wearable items but I got em.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The laser is a 600 x 400 60w laser. Bought 6 years ago from a Chinese company that is no longer in business, which is scary because their software relies solely on coreldraw 4, and I have a heck of a time finding that old program free of malware.

My 3D printer is an anycibic i3 Mega, have had great customer support from them. I've had a hot plate and cooling fan issues, and they sent me free of charge a couple of each. I found it odd that they would send 2 heat beds, because they are wearable items but I got em.
Thanks for getting back to me! I love following this build. Do you have a CNC as well?

- Xiaoxi

seldon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great, I love the thought you have put into the details!
My friend asked me, "why I made it so elegant? Most people will never see nor appreciate any of it." in which I reply, "it's not for them!"

This really stuck a chord... My wife always says why do you do that, nobody will know but you, but that is exactly the point, I will know.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back