My Review of Orphek Atlantik V4 after 15 Months

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been thinking about switching from t5 hybrid w/a360x's to the ATLANTIK V4 but its a lot of money and now I'm scared lol.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them since they first came out with no issues at all other than with connectivity. The great news is that if you do have issues they go above and beyond to help as they upgraded mine from gen 1 to gen 2 for free including a new gateway.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acro's might be iffy on the very ends depending on light height and how you program them. Anything else IMO, would be fine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Would one light be enough for a 48x24x22 tank? Heavy sps.
Should be ok but I would do TWO. Im soon to have six over my tank Plus Orphek Bars

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to show not all of these lights have issues, I’ve had 3 Atlantic V2.1bs for 4 years with no issues at all, and 2 V4’s for a couple of years now again with no problems except wifi dropout and them reverting to acclimatisation mode on a few occasions.

726FC16E-5D45-4061-8761-CB4671099645.jpeg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God dang you have some money invested in lights that for sure lol
Thats why I staggered when I bought them, so I won’t have to replace them all in one go (hopefully) i got a deal on the 2.1bs as well as they were about to launch the V3’s and I couldn’t see much benefit in them over the 2.1s

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up four or2 bars to add next to my halides for a little color and viewing at night. Two came flickering right off the bat. The daylight is crazy bright on the ends so I am trying to see if they will swap it out too, not much I can do with a daylight strip that’s dim in the middle. The fixtures are awesome looking and put out great light but the my are the only fixtures that intrigue me. Now seeing others having issues I don’t see myself buying fixtures in the future. I have tried led a few times and each time the fixtures have issues and I give up putting my halides or t5 back. Luckily the halides are up as my main light so I didn’t stress too bad when half my strips came not working...

I got them because of how well they are built and the different colors they use. They really are built so well. I have a fan near them and they are literally cool to the touch on the led side and the heat sink side, huge plus! I really hope I don’t have future issues with this flickering on and off. The supplier said I was the only one who had this issue, somehow I don’t feel like that would be true...

I feel like if the dimmer came out, I would not get it. It’s just adding more failure points. I am going to keep it very simple this time around.

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to show not all of these lights have issues, I’ve had 3 Atlantic V2.1bs for 4 years with no issues at all, and 2 V4’s for a couple of years now again with no problems except wifi dropout and them reverting to acclimatisation mode on a few occasions.

What are your tank dimensions?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

I agree. None of mine issues. I will after next week have 6 across and also have 4 OR2 Bars

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them since they first came out with no issues at all other than with connectivity. The great news is that if you do have issues they go above and beyond to help as they upgraded mine from gen 1 to gen 2 for free including a new gateway.

I’ve heard the opposite reading one of the reviews. Is this true?

By John on 3/31/2019

JOHN wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
I've been using these lights for about six months. I think the lights are amazing. There are some disco ball effects but that isn't anything a diffuser can't fix. The critical issue is the application that controls the lights. It really is one of the worst interfaces I have ever dealt with. If you are not computer savvy and I mean really computer savvy; buy a different brand. For the money you spend on these lights, the application should not be an afterthought. I should also not have to buy a seperate gateway to use these lights. I am extremely disappointed in this product. One more thing. When I sent in my issues with the application, they proceeded to lecture me on what settings I should use that is best for my tank. 1. I didn't ask you. 2. If I want to start the aquarium one hour earlier than what you have programmed, I should be able to do so and not have to manage four seperate channels and the application not time out after I spent 30 minutes wasting my time. 3. It should not matter if the application was able to do it's job. How about this...build an interface I can plug into all of the lights and manipulate from the outside of my tank. For such an amazing set of lights, you really failed. I only gave two stars because the lights are really that great. The interface makes this product a failure.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never sent them. I did the upgrade myself according to their instructions. Had to also replace the PC card and get the latest WiFi Gateway. I also replaced all 4 fans at their suggestion.

See these are issues I don’t want to deal with. I don’t have time to do these things and most people don’t. They need to step up their customer service game.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am the last person that would be described as 'computer savvy' and I view the interface as extremely simple with unlimited adjustability. As someone who was in the customer service industry for several decades, theirs is about as good as it gets in this one. Would buy again without hesitation.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I must be another lucky owner. 4 on hand going to a total of six at end of week. Love them !!

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too would buy again. I’ve had a few issues (I also bought mine used) but they have been very helpful for sure in all attempts. I will admit that it does stink when the gateway disconnects but it’s nit the end of the world at all.

corey

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too would buy again. I’ve had a few issues (I also bought mine used) but they have been very helpful for sure in all attempts. I will admit that it does stink when the gateway disconnects but it’s nit the end of the world at all.

corey

I think the lights are great, but too much of the above. I keep hearing this over and over. They need to get their customer service straight. I wouldn’t care if these lights were growing Acro’s out of the water in only 3 months! If they cannot repair broken fixtures promptly it’s a deal breaker. If they expect customers to break out a soldering gun and do it themselves...I’m sorry but that’s just crazy. Nobody wants or has the time to go fix their broken fixtures themselves and for the amount of money paid...they shouldn’t be expected to. That’s like buying a new car and both axels fall off and you bring it back to the dealer and they say...”go buy a welding machine and we’ll walk you through the repair process.”

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back