My review of the AquaMaxx Omega 1 bio pellet reactor (is my tummble flow good?)

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased an Aquamaxx Omega 1 Bio Pellet reactor and FINALLY have it set up. It BARLEY fits in my sump so I had to plumb it in in a pretty creative way around my protien skimmer.
It's a great design, especially for the tumble. If your sump is good sized you'll have no problem fitting it in. (Normally the pump attaches directly to the reactor, in my case I had to plumb the pump on the other side of the tank) You don't get dead spots but the tummble flow is quite fast out of the box. The pump it comes with is adjustable but it doesn't really help, I highly recommend plumbing a ball valve In. (I used 2 little fishies)
I think I have the tummble flow decent. I would describe it as a slightly faster gentle tummble.
I have a 90g fowlr and have add about ¼cup of biopellets to start.

The outtake for the reactor sits much higher than my protien skimmer intake (in a bugger sump you could probably plumb it in better) but I have a T valve with some tubing that is sliced at an angle positioned near the skimmer intake. I have felt the flow leaving the reactor to make sure it is mostly getting sucked up by the skimmer and I feel it is. My eflux pump for the tank is also positioned away from it and actually lines up with the skimmer outake so I'm confident this setup will work good.
20210304_115158.jpg

20210304_115043.jpg

OP
OP
SakuraSky

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how has this been working so far?
Honestly not THAT much of a notable difference, but it does hold a lot of beneficial bacteria because if I adjust it, the tank gets a bacteria bloom. I'm actually thinking about removing it though and putting the media in bags in another part of the sump to make room for a pump to run my UV sterilizer. But I could also remove my protien skimmer as I haven't turned it on in a while (because I've been going through hypo) so eh... for my tank it didn't make that much of a difference, I think most of the difference comes fro. Frequent water changes

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back