OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have a power supply to drive the PMUP that connects to the FMM. I've got mine in the EB, but it would work just fine not in there since you can control all the same stuff without it there other than resetting the FMK (I've only done when we switched from connected to stand alone during the beta.)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it appears that the power supply for the FMM is only needed if you want to use it's 24V port. I'm hoping to plug the PMUP into the EB and free up a power outlet that my Tunze takes today.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have to do some custom programming to make that work. Since that cable is the only one from the FMM to the PMUP. The FMM normally uses the power on its internal 24V port to turn on and off the PMUP. You'll have to make it point to a different port etc in the programming.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a sensor in the PMUP that shuts it off when the float valve closes off the water line and there's back pressure on the pump?

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the mount for the 'low level' optical sensor? I want this kit as an ATO for my ATO reservoir and have been struggling with how I'm going to mount the low level sensor.

marito09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered mine... can't wait to set it up [emoji48]

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a sensor in the PMUP that shuts it off when the float valve closes off the water line and there's back pressure on the pump?

There are two optical sensors that go with the float and control the FMMs desire to run the PMUP. It's part of the ATK. Depending on how you set it up, there is also Fill-IQ that limits runtimes etc for the pump when the opticals have failed and the float is holding it back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the mount for the 'low level' optical sensor? I want this kit as an ATO for my ATO reservoir and have been struggling with how I'm going to mount the low level sensor.

So the OS-1M is an optical sensor with a magnet mount just for this.

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been testing the ATK for awhile and can answer that for you. Both opticals should turn off the pump before the float is ever engaged. If both fail due to buildup on the sensor or a bad connection the float will rise and stop the FLOW of water. The pmup will continue to run because it thinks the sensors aren't triggering it to shut off. There is however programming built into the standalone mode and apex connected mode that prevents the pump running forever. When in standalone mode IQFill will take over and shut off if the pump runs for 2-3 times longer than it has in the past. If all previous auto top offs took 30 seconds, the pump will turn off after just over a minute even if the float is engaged because it knows something abnormal happened. When connected to an Apex similar programming is added when using Task setup to prevent the pump running longer than 5 minutes (This can be shortened if top offs usually only take 20-30 seconds).

Programing is built into the ATK that also limits intervals of top offs. It will only top off once every hour if the sensor is low / failing. This keeps it from running continuously and retriggering false low readings.

smilodon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is the pump working. The pump which Tunze uses is too loud. Is ATK pump a little quieter?

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is the pump working. The pump which Tunze uses is too loud. Is ATK pump a little quieter?
I can't compare it to the tunze as I had a Smart ATO prior to this; however, this is quieter than that by far.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back