My review of the new Neptune ATO

marito09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my atk and I'm setting it up... question? Can the magnet be under water ? On my reefer 250 won't fit putting the magnet on the side, is going to have to go side ways same way as the return pump, but it must go on the glass divider so I was wondering if it can go under water but didn't want to mess up water or the product.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my atk and I'm setting it up... question? Can the magnet be under water ? On my reefer 250 won't fit putting the magnet on the side, is going to have to go side ways same way as the return pump, but it must go on the glass divider so I was wondering if it can go under water but didn't want to mess up water or the product.

Yes it's fully submersible on both sides

novadan67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I have a question...

Are the optical sensor signals accessible from the Apex. What I mean by this is can you use those signals to turn on/off other devices? Where I'm going with this is that I'm wondering if I could have a second reservoir with saturated kalkwasser and a second pump in addition to my primary ATO reservoir/pump. So for instance, top off from the primary ATO during the day and then use kalkwasser at night to maintain pH better. I know this would take some custom programming, but if the optical sensor signals are available to the Apex it should be do-able. It would also make it possible to use kalkwasser when pH was low and RODI when pH is high... just considering the possibilities... Thanks!

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
absolutely you can use them to turn off other devices. For example, I turn off my ATO pump when the sensor in my RODI reservoir gets low.

novadan67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you answered my question, but I was specifically referring to the optical sensors in the ATK kit, not an additional one you add to the RODI reservoir. Like I said, I'm thinking about having two ATO reservoirs... one with kalkwasser and one without.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
absolutely, they are still named and referenceable in any outlet/alarm code you want to use them in.

Myoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how strong the magnet is on the ATO system mount? I have a 100 gallon rubbermaid sump container. Not sure the magnet would hold on the side of it. What do you think? Thanks

Myoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how strong the magnet is on the ATO system mount? I have a 100 gallon rubbermaid sump container. Not sure the magnet would hold on the side of it. What do you think? Thanks

Myoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Myoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It seems pretty strong to me, but I don't know about that particular trough. Do you have an apex already? the magnet seems very similar to the one in the MPR probe holder.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back