My review of the Tunze 8850 LEDs

Mark Bianco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little over a year ago I purchase a used 14gl Oceanic AIO. When I got it the fans and the lighting had been removed and replaced with a 12 diode fish only led stick from Ebay. I wanted to keep some corals so I went shopping for a inexpensive replacement. I knew I wanted to keep the hood and the AIO kits for replacement in a Biocube are very expensive IMO. I ran across the Tunze 8850.00 Full spectrum light and it was under a $150.00.

This light is color adjustable from 5,000K to 25,000K and you can run the lights as bright or dim as you want. As for controlling
20180420_171436.jpg
20180420_183647.jpg
20180420_201941.jpg
/ adjusting It could not be simpler. Controlling the 8850.00 Full Spectrum LED can be done with the included magnets for mounting the light. By holding the exterior magnet (or any other) against the non-cable end, and that will slowly change the spectrum and intensity of the light. As soon as the magnet holder is removed, the setting will be stored in the fixtures internal memory, until it is physically changed again.

This light has 7 white 5,000K led’s, 7 Blue 450470nn led’s, and 12 Red led’s. I know what some are thinking why so many red led’s I can’t answer that however I can tell you it grows LPS and Softies without any problems and has a color I really like. Being as this light is submersible you can increase the wattage from 14 watts to 26 watts if you keep it just under the waterline.

IMHO you can not find a better light for a NANO under a $150.00. I guess its time to put up or shut up so I will try to post a few pictures for you to decide for yourself. Before we do please remember the pictures are taken with a crappy cell phone.

John R

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review! can you adjust the colours independently? ie: can you turn the reds off whilst leaving the whites or blues on etc? I need this kind of functionality for a lab experiment.

Back