My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:) ...hi..what's up..?
Whats Up Hello GIF by HBO Max
yosemite sam GIF
looney tunes weed GIF
looney tunes bugs GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem
;):)

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone..I hope everyone is well.

Things haven’t been resolved yet. Stiil have damaged tank in my living room and a Rubbermaid tub in my guest room. Supposedly, no response from WB. Lost one of my gonipora‘s and pretty sure the blennies. Extra powerheads didn’t really help..still have the nasty surface. I’m not surprised, there’s nothing but a skimmer..No pump pushing water through filter socks and it’s been like this since 2/15 and still no definitive end in sight. Unfortunately, I don’t think this is going to have a happy ending.

On top of everything else going on, Greg’s mom went to the emergency room last weekend. She was just moved to a nursing home. Found out she wasn’t taking her meds or eating. She’ll be there until they can stabilize her, but will have to move to an assisted living...she can’t take care of herself anymore .

Miss everyone..Stay safe everyone!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi..sorry to hear ,do you have a canister filter? or a reactor you can fill w both carbon an floss?
i don't want to come off pushy ...but...you did not pay for tank ? correct?
tell them to come and get it out of your house ,buy a new tank??
thoughts are w you and your family.. ;)

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi..sorry to hear ,do you have a canister filter? or a reactor you can fill w both carbon an floss?
i don't want to come off pushy ...but...you did not pay for tank ? correct?
tell them to come and get it out of your house ,buy a new tank??
thoughts are w you and your family.. ;)
Don’t have a canister filter. Didn’t want to have to pay a $150 to get one local, but don’t think I have a choice anymore

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
buy either a really good one to have,or a petco cheapie just for this.. ;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i recommend ehiem 2217 if buying a good one,if can get..

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good.!!! they need a kick in the rear...this is taking too long... ;)
hopefully he can get ball rolling tomorrow.:)

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He wasn’t there, so I sent a message yesterday with no reply. I’m to the point I’m more hurt. I’ve been going there for 6 years..but everything from them. They’ve always been great..they’re the best in N. Florida.

Unfortunately, my skimmer pump is rattling now. Heading out to see if I can find a canister filter. Don’t know how to hook it up to the tub, but it’s worth a shot

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He wasn’t there, so I sent a message yesterday with no reply. I’m to the point I’m more hurt. I’ve been going there for 6 years..but everything from them. They’ve always been great..they’re the best in N. Florida.

Unfortunately, my skimmer pump is rattling now. Heading out to see if I can find a canister filter. Don’t know how to hook it up to the tub, but it’s worth a shot
Connecting the canister filter should be simple. They just have a simple draw tube (usually with a U at the top for hanging over side) that sticks down in the water and a return line (also usually with a U) to dump back in. Use wire/suction-cups/magnets to hold the tubes if the U is not enough. My 75-FOWLR is operating right now on 2 (100gph and 75gph) canister filters along with a skimmer.

Basically, you just need a submerged tube with a filter cap to prevent objects in the draw line connected to the canister. The return could just dump over the edge, though it is quieter and will splash less if flow is distributed through a drip line of some sort with small holes drilled. Look at what comes with the cannister and make something work. Ask again if you need help with the specifics, as I may be able to help and there are definitely others here with plenty of experience to help out.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only ones I’ve found locally are the Fluval 307 & 407. I looked at manual and both have the u that everything attaches to, but I doubt it’s wide enough to hang over the side of the tub..

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only ones I’ve found locally are the Fluval 307 & 407. I looked at manual and both have the u that everything attaches to, but I doubt it’s wide enough to hang over the side of the tub..
You could probably just get barb connections and vinyl tubing to make extensions over the top instead of the U or place the canister higher than the tank and attach the flexible tube directly to the hard plastic tubes for draw/return.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back