My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rastas the little like lashes on mine are turning neon as it grows.

1623499442109.png
I've never seen rastas like that pic. Those are awesome

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see it now they are pretty under just white light. Just never seen them with that much white light

I made a lot of money with rastas years ago, my lfs got a frag on an import and we split it, my mate popped his in the shop display and I fragged a few off mine and grew them out and refragged them loads, the mother colony grew and spread, about 3 years in both colonies and all frags let go, I was gutted.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone..Obviously, I’ve been mia again..

For the last three weeks, I have been fighting with my new insurance company and the specialty pharmacy they use to get my ms medications covered. Our previous insurance company used the same specialty pharmacy, but that made no difference even though they were the same drugs and dosage prescribed by the same doctor. One of those medications was the one that is made explicitly to help control the symptoms/progression of the disease, and because of this nonsense, I went two weeks without it. I've taken this medicine for years. To suddenly do without it took a toll on my body and my ms. I ran out of the second drug Wednesday and the third Friday. I finally got the first one approved and received it Tuesday, the second one Friday, and the third one was declined again, and I am being forced to take a different medication. Needless to say, I've not been feeling well, and by the time I'm able to take the time to check in my body is too exhausted, in too much pain, or both.

Now for a tank update. We are fairly confident the tank in cycled;Wideyed A condensed timeline..

Started MB7 on 5/22..couple of days later added birospira (don’t ask) 5/29 added a bag of siporax from one of the stores tanks and a shrimp. May 31st ammonia was more that .50 less than 10. No nitrite and nitrate was 5 and store said to pull the shrimp. I ran out of mb7 on 6/3..called the store and they were out too, he suggested Microbe Lift Nite out but didn’t think I really needed to keep adding anything (ammonia dropped to .25), thinking we were close enough..6/9, since nothing was changing (ammonia possibly still at .25, hard to tell depending on light & no nitrite) store had me add the nite out, 200ml Wednesday & 200ml Thursday. It was decided that store would come do a water change yesterday, to make sure there wasn’t any ammonia, so I could start moving corals to the new tank. While here, he had me do an ammonia test using water from the tub, and result was the same, fish alive, so color reading was really 0. I hate have to decide colors... water change complete and now we discussed my lighting...

I have 4 gen4 xr15 pros and 1 gen4 xr30 pros. The layout would be 2 xr15 - xr30 - 2 xr15 using the single light rms mounts not realizing the Waterbox has a glass overflow cover, with no space to attach the mount. I didn’t want to suspend the lights from the ceiling, so that left the multi light RMS.

D518C6A7-28F7-48F5-B493-CA0507EC2819.jpeg

It mounts to the sides of the tank. The mount and the Mp40 are distracting when viewing the tank from the side, so Eddie came up with another idea...

6E7D38B9-C50F-496F-8FF5-2DD5F0CE12C1.jpeg

(Bottom “hi’ drawing are complements of Kendall :)) Instead of mounting the arms to each side, he will drill holes into the track, so the arms can be attached to the back of the tank (see my wonderfully drawn example). Time for corals...

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that the tub and old rock are COVERED in cyno. I really don’t want to have cyno in the new tank and I don’t think dipping coral will kill it, so I may just have to chance it.

This is the condensed version. Missed everyone tons..hugs to @fishguy242 for checking on me.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad to hear back with meds.. no need to worry about catching up ,same stuff different day.. :rolleyes: ;)
what are you planning on using as a dip for corals? @Eagle_Steve around??

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear back with meds.. no need to worry about catching up ,same stuff different day.. :rolleyes: ;)
what are you planning on using as a dip for corals? @Eagle_Steve around??
Current SPAM pics are welcome :)

I have no idea. I’d love to hear any suggestions..

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking around store while waiting for my stuff. Still trying to decide on my stocking list. This little guy came right up to the rock closest to me and tried to stare me down..a red lipped blenny. I love to see each fish personality..this little guy..fearless:)
3CBD7EEC-01B8-42D4-A17E-E57668EBCC7C.jpeg

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll never be able to catch up on everyone. I’d love to hear your “condensed version”:)
Condensed version... tank is overrun with vermetid snails...have 65lbs of brand new dry rock in boxes in the back of my truck, starting remodel of inside of house in 2 weeks...too much other stuff going on this weekend and next...going to do a complete reset end of july- early August after tank is moved to do flooring in living room...just maintaining for now...sending you money for 25 lagoon very very soon, so I have something to transfer corals to during remodel. Rocks and fish will go into a Rubbermaid stock tank until tank is back up...thats about it...almost... @Erin O will be getting her rbta from me this week...Jason, aka @F i s h y will get his after his vacation at end of this month
Erin's is lower right side...Jason's is peeking out from under Frank's chalice, bottom left...yes...my glass is still dirty ;Facepalm
20210613_135403.jpg
20210613_135349.jpg

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condensed version... tank is overrun with vermetid snails...have 65lbs of brand new dry rock in boxes in the back of my truck, starting remodel of inside of house in 2 weeks...too much other stuff going on this weekend and next...going to do a complete reset end of july- early August after tank is moved to do flooring in living room...just maintaining for now...sending you money for 25 lagoon very very soon, so I have something to transfer corals to during remodel. Rocks and fish will go into a Rubbermaid stock tank until tank is back up...thats about it...almost... @Erin O will be getting her rbta from me this week...Jason, aka @F i s h y will get his after his vacation at end of this month
Erin's is lower right side...Jason's is peeking out from under Frank's chalice, bottom left...yes...my glass is still dirty ;Facepalm
20210613_135403.jpg
20210613_135349.jpg
I HATE vermetid snails. The only thing worse is a vermetid snail AND fireworm infestation. Thats why I decided nothing from the old tank would go into the new tank. Now I get to add cyno to that list
;Woot

Lagoon isn’t going anywhere, love the rbta’s and out of curiosity, whens the last time you cleaned your glass
;Hilarious

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HATE vermetid snails. The only thing worse is a vermetid snail AND fireworm infestation. Thats why I decided nothing from the old tank would go into the new tank. Now I get to add cyno to that list
;Woot

Lagoon isn’t going anywhere, love the rbta’s and out of curiosity, whens the last time you cleaned your glass
;Hilarious
Was last cleaned last Sunday :rolleyes: ...there is a reflection of the handrail on the stairs on the glass as well...one reason I really dislike skylights...

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Woot

;Hilarious
Guess I should've done one of Frank's famous QUOTE posts ;Hilarious;Hilarious...Lagoon...I know it won't go any where else ;)...but I want to start quarantining my corals soon, so I can eradicate any vermetids that may be on them...softies, palys/zoas not as concerned with...chalice, hammer, blasts and duncans will be a little more time consuming

Vermetids...;Muted...they have almost made me completely tear down the tank and completely start over with a smaller aio tank...like start OVER over...fed up with them

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back