My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

katonge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you’re feeling better. I have a WB 220.6 being delivered & set up tomorrow by WWC. I am struggling with how to move the live rock from my other 3 tanks. Each tank is struggling with aiptasia &/or bright green algae (cyno?) originally I thought I would cure all the rocks to avoid transferring any problems but the reading I’ve done suggests I’m better off cleaning them up the best I can & dealing with them in the new tank. After dealing with your issues what would you suggest?

katonge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here and following along. WB 220.6 is my dream build as well
Something to keep in mind - if you purchase from WWC you get points for every $10 you spend. For me this has added up to a significant amount of points to use on new corals for my new tank when I’m ready.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Screenshot_20210803-185240_Gallery.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
;HappyTifney will love these,will be a great surprise. Thank you ,hope to see you soon...;):) ..she is not home rt now,
and i placed them for her to just find...:Don top of her desk...:)...i'm sure you'll know as soon as she does...;Happy
IMG_20210913_152402_613.jpg

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! It’s been awhile (understatement) :p, but glad to be back... missed everyone. Condensed update..

Setting up Apex, dos/ddr, skimmer & UV…

AF8164F0-53DA-4CF0-920D-ACA530335052.jpeg

C500EC76-80A6-4512-B680-DAA3209AB682.jpeg

Everything thrown in..someone told me not to buy a controller board..they would build one for me..still waiting:p
B3D08328-2858-45BE-9C23-7822CA11F675.jpeg

have a piece of glass over ato reservoir. Ordered a Narrow space saving one from Advanced Acrylic. Apparently, I can’t read simple measurements, because the reservoir was 24 inches deep not 24 inches high;Writing
585178D4-E2A7-402E-A91B-2FF4ABADEC98.jpeg

…and still waiting for controller board
F54013C6-FADB-48C0-B21C-051010FAA088.jpeg

8052F2DC-F58C-449F-B904-089EC868A558.jpeg

Sump with RO skimmer that only fits if you take out the divider between skimmer and refugium...Apparently I can’t read forum posts either..I have a wonderful skimmer RO Regal 200int for sale. Not real thrilled with the sump/plumbing set up. Between the height and width of the skimmer chamber, I’ve only found 3 skimmers that will fit. NYOS, which WB recommends (don’t want NYOS), Deltec & the very expensive Royal Exclusive…meh, who needs a skimmer;Yawn
CD6F7991-0447-481C-B2EA-5379BBA613F9.jpeg

Went with TopLids. Pics they just sent me. Unfortunately, it’s going to be another 3 weeks before I get it. They have to “polish it and perform stress tests” for their warranty coverage.
A5A29423-AA51-43AF-B92B-27DD6FB65958.jpeg

655E3E5B-3E2F-41DB-A0C0-85A47F37CCAD.jpeg

It will look like…
E731F1BC-63DF-4F4F-8721-94E180E6698E.jpeg

2EFDA76E-F365-494E-BBFB-B1B72B3139B2.jpeg

My picasso clowns are the only fish left from the old tank. They have a six ft tank to themselves and they live on the far right side;Watching

My very polite star..Never moves that frag;Happy

Moved a few corals around since taking this pic..

940C3268-2294-4082-9715-40D5D5163073.jpeg

I am sorry to those of you who were kind enough to visit/comment on my thread and never received a reply. I will be working on that shortly:)

Last edited:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hello...:)Glad to see you back...;Happy
i know nothing about controller board ...:oops:i swear...:D
BIG SKIMMER...HMnnn...;):cool:

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPBLAM!!!
Resized_20210630_111848.jpeg
Resized_20210630_110910.jpeg
Better late than never..my favorite little man! ;Happy
I admit I skipped over 58 pages of updates, so this may be buried somewhere, but how do you like the Waterbox in comparison to the Red Sea?
I’m sure you’ve already found the answer to your question, but just in case…

The seam in my 425 failed, so maybe not a fair comparison;Shifty
In all honesty, I love my Waterbox. The quality between the two is night and day, but you have to keep in mind that my 425 was the first variation of the tank..think there were 2 more by the time mine failed. They may have improved the 425? Hopefully, they fixed the issues with the cabinets and the seams splitting on all the tanks.
I hope you’re feeling better. I have a WB 220.6 being delivered & set up tomorrow by WWC. I am struggling with how to move the live rock from my other 3 tanks. Each tank is struggling with aiptasia &/or bright green algae (cyno?) originally I thought I would cure all the rocks to avoid transferring any problems but the reading I’ve done suggests I’m better off cleaning them up the best I can & dealing with them in the new tank. After dealing with your issues what would you suggest?
Again, sorry for such a late reply. What did you decide? Other than the corals that survived (dipped/brushed off) the water, sand & rock was new. The hair algae & cyno was so thick on everything, I wasn’t going to chance it. Some hair algae did get into the new tank. LFS gave me 10 Mexican turbos and it was gone in two weeks. Well, maybe not all gone. I have trochus that looks like a hippy.
New here and following along. WB 220.6 is my dream build as well
What do you have now? The 220.6 is a beautiful tank. I love mine!
Something to keep in mind - if you purchase from WWC you get points for every $10 you spend. For me this has added up to a significant amount of points to use on new corals for my new tank when I’m ready.
I didn’t know that..thanks!
More babies! ;Happy Who is this little darling?
WWC convinced me I don’t need a refugium & sold me the RO 200 ‍
I’m a heavy feeder and I ran one with the 425 to help control nutrients. I plan on growing pods too, and a refugium is a great home for them:)
Looking good! I have been away about as long as you. :) My tank is still dry - but my house was very wet. Better now.
Your back!!! The house got damaged again? I didn’t think Lake Charles was affected that much. I have the weather channel app with Jacksonville, PBG (mom), Gulf Shores & Lake Charles set up for alerts. Didnt get any notifications..I set it up last year when you & @Scratch08 kept attracting all the storms :p

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In all honesty, I love my Waterbox. The quality between the two is night and day, but you have to keep in mind that my 425 was the first variation of the tank..think there were 2 more by the time mine failed. They may have improved the 425? Hopefully, they fixed the issues with the cabinets and the seams splitting on all the tanks.

Again, sorry for such a late reply. What did you decide? Other than the corals that survived (dipped/brushed off) the water, sand & rock was new. The hair algae & cyno was so thick on everything, I wasn’t going to chance it. Some hair algae did get into the new tank. LFS gave me 10 Mexican turbos and it was gone in two weeks. Well, maybe not all gone. I have trochus that looks like a hippy.

I’m a heavy feeder and I ran one with the 425 to help control nutrients. I plan on growing pods too, and a refugium is a great home for them:)

Your back!!! The house got damaged again? I didn’t think Lake Charles was affected that much. I have the weather channel app with Jacksonville, PBG (mom), Gulf Shores & Lake Charles set up for alerts. Didnt get any notifications..I set it up last year when you & @Scratch08 kept attracting all the storms :p
I did get damage from Laura last year, but nothing from Delta late last year or Ida last month. It was just a rain storm that dumped 16” of rain in 6 hours in May. My whole neighborhood and much of Lake Charles flooded. Got 6” in my house. Had to take out everything from 4’ and lower. What a mess. On the positive we got a nice makeover inside and new furniture. Tank stand was in six inches of water, but looks unscathed. So, we continue… Gingerly, but about to move forward.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

THEE quote queen is back...;Woot;Woot;Happy
I did get damage from Laura last year, but nothing from Delta late last year or Ida last month. It was just a rain storm that dumped 16” of rain in 6 hours in May. My whole neighborhood and much of Lake Charles flooded. Got 6” in my house. Had to take out everything from 4’ and lower. What a mess. On the positive we got a nice makeover inside and new furniture. Tank stand was in six inches of water, but looks unscathed. So, we continue… Gingerly, but about to move forward.
Good to hear ...;)we cannot move backwards...:cool:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back