My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little Fall frag pics to add some colour in here...
20211003_134809.jpg
20211003_134758.jpg
20211003_134408.jpg
20211003_135545.jpg

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stopping by to say hi and good night..a lot of manual labor today:p

Hope everyone has had a good day. I’m hoping to have some spare time tomorrow. I’ve been working on a stocking list for the new tank. This is what I have so far...opinions/suggestions welcome:)

Scopas Tang
*White Tail Bristletooth Tang
Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Disbar Anthias
*Magnificent Foxface
Midas Blenny
*Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
*Splendid Pintail Wrasse
*Pink Streaked Wrasse
*Naoko’s Fairy Wrasse…really want this one, but I’ve read he may not play nice with the others
*Labouti Fairy Wrasse
*Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse
McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse
Yellow Coris

Night everyone!

Last edited:

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope everyone has had a good day. I’m hoping to have some spare time tomorrow. I’ve been working on a stocking list for the new tank. This is what I have so far...opinions/suggestions welcome:)

White Tail Bristletooth Tang
Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Disbar Anthias
Magnificent Foxface
Midas Blenny
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Splendid Pintail Wrasse
Pink Streaked Wrasse
Naoko’s Fairy Wrasse
Labouti Fairy Wrasse
Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Coris

Night everyone!

This is as far as I’ve gotten
I have heard, though I have no personal experience, that the Purple and the Powder Blue can get aggressive. @Eagle_Steve, @F i s h y, @LRT, @Lost in the Sauce may have a better idea about that, though. I'm so happy that the tank is finally coming together for you, and that you've started updating again! I've missed you and your multi-quotes LOL

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can only really speak for Powder Brown. All I can say is he's just as bossy and pushy as the tangs i swam on reef with. Was perfect citizen when I got him as baby then all of the sudden he snapped one day and decided he was going to bully and harass just about everything in the tank for no other reason than just existing. Snails, other fish, hermits, bubbles on bounce shrooms. He just can't swim by much without stopping and beating it up if he doesn't like the way it looks. He lives in a tank with 8" porcupine puffer now. Literally steals food out of puffers mouth every chance he gets.
Not sure if bigger tank would do him any good. More like a prescription of Xanax and straight jacket.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Disbar Anthias
Magnificent Foxface
Midas Blenny
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Splendid Pintail Wrasse
Pink Streaked Wrasse
Naoko’s Fairy Wrasse
Labouti Fairy Wrasse
Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Coris

Night everyone!

So glad you’re putting together a stocking list! :)

(don’t have any suggestions, but I’m interested to see how this works out ;Woot )

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard, though I have no personal experience, that the Purple and the Powder Blue can get aggressive. @Eagle_Steve, @F i s h y, @LRT, @Lost in the Sauce may have a better idea about that, though. I'm so happy that the tank is finally coming together for you, and that you've started updating again! I've missed you and your multi-quotes LOL
Our purple is a bisch. Heard the blues are to.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed you too! Hoping to catch up on everyone’s threads before you all upgrade to something new;Woot
Can only really speak for Powder Brown. All I can say is he's just as bossy and pushy as the tangs i swam on reef with. Was perfect citizen when I got him as baby then all of the sudden he snapped one day and decided he was going to bully and harass just about everything in the tank for no other reason than just existing. Snails, other fish, hermits, bubbles on bounce shrooms. He just can't swim by much without stopping and beating it up if he doesn't like the way it looks. He lives in a tank with 8" porcupine puffer now. Literally steals food out of puffers mouth every chance he gets.
Not sure if bigger tank would do him any good. More like a prescription of Xanax and straight jacket.
Try Trazadone. Our black lab has his own prescription..unlimited refills;Dead

My baby scopas is nearly 2.5 inches now, all three scopas tangs play up to / flirt with the fox face, probably would need to go in early as you have a few frisky tangs in you list. :)

DSC_0376 (1024x741).jpg
I thought of your babies today, and realized I hadn’t added a Scopas to my list. If I remember correctly, they are quite photogenic:cool:

Our purple is a bisch. Heard the blues are to.
Running out of tangs :p

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say this.

Whitecheck
Purple
White tail.

add white tail first, then whitecheek and then purple. Make sure purple is slightly smaller and it should work out. You now have 3 tangs that look nothing alike or are the same shape.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Disbar Anthias
Magnificent Foxface
Midas Blenny
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Splendid Pintail Wrasse
Pink Streaked Wrasse
Naoko’s Fairy Wrasse
Labouti Fairy Wrasse
Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Coris

Night everyone!

Looks like a good list. From seeing the price of fish lately, especially Tangs, my "new" tank may be a damsel tank. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back