My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One day I will, just gotta get this tank up and running and buy a few more tools for around the house projects first.

Maybe when I get home, nothing's really changed from the last one :p
I'm guessing algae isn't a problem either!

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for the info:) the RFGs are a little up in the air moreso as to how many I'll actually have, I'm thinking probably 2-3. I wish I had a 3D printer, all the cool things you can do with one is pretty neat.

Theyre okay. Can't have it in the house while printing abs because of the fumes, and then in the shed it's subjected to temperature fluctuation and some vibration.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot!

A nice late night shot for you..
20191114_190933.jpg

20191114_190949.jpg

Was thinking of this myself so thought I’d ask.. you think you’ll use a wave engine to help manage the closed loop pumps and the return pump? I wasn’t really looking at it before but man the last few days I’ve been thinking it could really clean up.

I'm not sure I will, I think I would rather invest in a controller with the same abilities and more features. The wave engines are really nice but I really only need to worry about 2 pumps and one power head. Another great thing about the closed loop is there is less to plug in anyway.

Wait wait hold the phone. You’ve got @Elder1945 in on this beautiful build too?! You already had my attention but now I’m like overly stoked for this. o_O

Yeah I guess I kept that one under wraps for a little while lol I've been working with Kyle for a couple months now on the sump as well as a few other projects. We are close to getting the sump into production right now after many changes. SUPER excited to see what he can come up with:D

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191114_190933.jpg

20191114_190949.jpg

I'm not sure I will, I think I would rather invest in a controller with the same abilities and more features. The wave engines are really nice but I really only need to worry about 2 pumps and one power head. Another great thing about the closed loop is there is less to plug in anyway.

Yeah I guess I kept that one under wraps for a little while lol I've been working with Kyle for a couple months now on the sump as well as a few other projects. We are close to getting the sump into production right now after many changes. SUPER excited to see what he can come up with:D
Heck yeah! A few other projects? Are you keeping those under wraps as well?

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah! A few other projects? Are you keeping those under wraps as well?

Those will stay under wraps for now lol We haven't gotten to the planning stage of them yet and they won't be looked into until the spring time when the tank is cycling.

If plumbing wasn’t such a chore for me already...... I would love a closed loop system

I honestly love the plumbing aspect of builds so to me it's another fun project and challenge as I haven't plumbed a closed loop yet. I mean I guess if you count the one outlet job I did on my RSM130 I've done one. But nothing on this scale before or with the draining the tank issue if I get it wrong lol

You seriously didn't mention that? Lol. I knew your tank was GORGEOUS, but that's dream tank ++++.

Lol a couple people knew about it and I briefly mentioned the sump in your thread but I didn't say who was building it at the time. This really is my dream tank and it's why I've been given the license to get exactly what I want so that is what I'm doing:D

Thanks for the pic :D looks sessy

Well I can't argue with you there ;):p

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait until the tank gets wet. Planning on a future custom build and yours is definitely inspiring me.

Glad to have you aboard and always happy to enable a fellow reefer, I learned that talent from @Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20191114_190933.jpg

20191114_190949.jpg

@Murica here ya go... and welcome to the dark side.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta keep the update on that sump when it lands from Mr. Elder! Especially since we have few if any options up here, and the closest one down south went out of business with no warning, heh. Glad I didn't pull that $1200 trigger for the frag tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back