My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holy cow what an upgrade! those membranes should last you many years as long as you are using good sediment and carbon filters. how much water do you make?

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A video I've watched numerous times and still find I learn something new each time I do. I might go with the Single Anion bed followed by the mixed bed which will give me the opportunity to run dual carbon blocks 5 micron then 1 micron following that. We shall see, I have one of each size so I can play around with it:)

Yeah it's a bit of a step up :p lol I love Spectrapure and that was my exact thought, running dual carbon blocks will help ensure there very long life, what sizes I've yet to decide on. This system, like many other parts of my build is way more than I truly need. I only plan on doing 10% weekly water changes (Approximately 15Gal) but I want to, if needed, produce almost an entire systems worth of water in a relatively short time frame for emergency purposes.

dang talk about overkill! but i love it!

spectrapure .5 sediment and .5 carbon. will trap larger particles to keep from fouling your membrane. sediment and carbon are much cheaper than new membranes. i am not a fan of larger micron sizes unless you know for sure you can get away with it. either way, spectrapure is the only manufacturer that uses near absolute micron ratings = higher efficiency and accuracy. dual carbon maybe if your tap has insanely high chlorine, otherwise one is fine.

mega maxcap for roughing and enduro di for polishing. these are crazy efficient and will save you money. i was one of the first to test these newer cartridges and i couldn’t believe how much more product water i was able to make in between changes.

first installed them oct 2016. replaced april 2017 after close to 800 gallons through them. another mega maxcap jan 2018 and nothing else since.

i just checked and i bought my last 90gpd 99% rejection membrane on 10/4/2013. yes, 2013. i have put literally thousands of gallons of putrid, az water through it. i’m at 97.5% as of right now.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stoked for you and your dream build, even more so because it's a shallow rimless peninsula - my fav. The custom tank will absolutely be worth the wait. Think of all the planning and ideas you'll come up with while you wait... the best builds are often the methodical slow and steady ones! Looking forward to watching this one come to life!

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a 0.5 in both the sediment and carbon blocks so I'll roll with those:) I did go with BRS Resin which is still pretty good IMO but everything else is spectrapure and will remain spectra pure. I am doing a couple of experiments with the ultra high rejection membranes, I plan on sending a few out to select members to see how well they actually perform with ultra high TDS. I guess one of the great things about spectrapure is they are based in AZ so ugly, nasty gross water is what's in there back yard too Lol ;Yuck

500 tds during the summer. yay!!!

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I missed some on this build, I was told how to solve some of my notification issues. I have a massive RODI system as well, and I never thought to build a cabinet for it. I really like that, makes it look clean, it's an idea I may have to steal down the road.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy it seems like forever since I've had anything to write about. But FINALLY I received some pictures of the tank fully assembled and curing in Miracles shop. So without further adue, here's the new tank in all its glory:D

VERY nice!!!!!! I can't wait to see this tank in action!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back