My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome!!

I agree water is in the tank that is intended to be made into salt water thus by the implied contract entered into here (witnessed by the users of R2R) you are, good sir, REQUIRED to change your tank status!

One night wife and I were drinking and we went our separate ways. She passed out drunk and I took a MH hood and drilled a hole in the side and soldered up the wire connection on it haha.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHAT..WHAT..WATER.!!!!looking great :cool:
p.s. yes i cheated ...congrats

Lol!!! YES WATER!!! It's only been about 15 months since recieving the tank and it finally has saltwater in it:p

awesome!!

I agree water is in the tank that is intended to be made into salt water thus by the implied contract entered into here (witnessed by the users of R2R) you are, good sir, REQUIRED to change your tank status!

One night wife and I were drinking and we went our separate ways. She passed out drunk and I took a MH hood and drilled a hole in the side and soldered up the wire connection on it haha.

Wait a minute here, contract? What??? I must have missed something here ;Watching;Watching;Watching;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Writing;Writing;Writing

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great looking tank and sump. You do nice work sir on all the trim and stand!

Thank you @Lowell Lemon:D it's a work in progress still but this is obviously a HUGE step forward. I'm surprised how well it has turned out if I'm being honest.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35 Gallons in and I think I'm going to call it a night, Thanks for stopping by everyone!!
20200626_220048.jpg

Now officially at the point where we are at the volume of my last largest tank. And still have a loooooong way to go!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killed it with the scape btw.

Thanks! It turned out almost exactly the way I wanted it too, I did want a bit more of an overhang on the end but figured it might be a little much as the shelf already takes up a large amount of space...

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, with all of this craziness going on here. I've had a chance recently to sit back and reflect on what really matters most. And that's family. Whether it be our own, or our R2R Family. What matters is we are here for each other when needed. I hope through all of this, everyone doesn't lose sight of that.

I've recently been given some news that means come early January our family is going to be getting a little bigger...

20200608_200021.jpg

I hope everyone stays safe in these difficult times:)

Congrats!! You've played a good game. ;Joyful;Joyful

In all seriousness, it'll be a game of smiles, laughters, and a lot of sleepness nights.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck?? 44 pages and 18months. I thought I would see a tank full of corals and fish but only get a tank that is not even 1/3 full? :D:D

Hey I said at the beginning it would be a slow one;) :p

JUST topped off the tank as much as I could until the overflow is plumbed in. 110 Gallons is where we are at

20200630_113059.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finishing drywall SUCKSS!!!

Why yes, yes it does!! I did it for years though ;Bored My brother owns a Drywall company so worked there for a bit but he has all the fancy tools. Coating with just knifes and trowels blows the big one.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to texture it? Personally I like the look of just flat smooth surface and it cuts out a step with finishing. I try to think about everything I do from a reduce reuse recycle POV and adding something to the wall just for a teeny bit of texture doesn't make the cut for me.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to texture it? Personally I like the look of just flat smooth surface and it cuts out a step with finishing. I try to think about everything I do from a reduce reuse recycle POV and adding something to the wall just for a teeny bit of texture doesn't make the cut for me.

As in a spray texture? No. I hate popcorn ceilings with a passion, they look like garbage and are literally the cheapest way to finish a ceiling. Depending on the texture it actually takes more steps to finish a flat ceiling than a spray texture, less material though.

I like flat ceilings too, troweled flat ceilings are the best. I don't have motivation to trowel everything though or the 3 foot trowel. So I'm not doing that lol

Last edited:

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I said at the beginning it would be a slow one;) :p

JUST topped off the tank as much as I could until the overflow is plumbed in. 110 Gallons is where we are at

20200630_113059.jpg
Really looks amazing..love the scape!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well look at that it’s wet. Looking good

Missed so much I may have to see if @Fin got wet
Check my tank status under my profile pic = "Wet. No life." :p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back