My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here we are, Tank is back where it belongs, back trim is done. Last thing to do with the wall is touch it up, paint it, trim and that whole wall will be completely done.
20200626_125456.jpg

And while I'm waiting for a few more plumbing purchases to be made, I figured I'd fill the tank up and start the cycle now
20200626_133910.jpg
I really like what you've done with the stand and how it comes out from the wall. This is pretty cool.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man!!! I'm pretty friggen excited I had to share with someone so I figured why not you guys! The family won't know for another few weeks yet but I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer :p
congrats!

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly my last tank which was taken down had a basic closed loop, 1 pump 1 outlet and I quite enjoyed the flow it provided while avoiding the wire and internal pumps which I truly dislike so very much lol. So on this tank I wanted to take advantage of a true CL system, with an ocean motion and DC adjustable flow pump I think I'll be able to produce an extremely varied flow.
Do you have a diagram on the plumbing you are speculating on for this closed loop system? I find those interesting and while mine isn't going to be one I'm trying to get as much flow as i can out of my return lines (dual return pumps) so i can reduce the number of power heads in use. That's the theory anyhow.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here it is!!!!!!

Now for the real question, how on earth do I manage to get 440 pounds of glass into my house!?!?

And a side note... WOW this thing is MASSIVE! It's one thing to lay it out on the floor in the living room, it's quite another to actually see the tank in person. Going from my current Nuvo 10 to this is just... WOW.
so...how did you make that happen haha. I'm freaking out about that now cuz it's only a few weeks away.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here we are today with one final coat and a little muscle!!! I'm going to have to do a little touch up on the stain but other than that things went pretty smoothly:)

Derek does good work! Awesome stand you made there too. Can't wait to unbox my Miracles tank.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new addition!
I haven’t checked in for a while, and... WOW, wet and moving along! Everything looks great!

Thanks man!!! Yeah you get used to not having to check my build thread all thar often then WHAM, it's full or water:p

Wow! That is just beautiful!

It was really nice, as much as I love them, sometimes it's just as nice to watch one pass you by.

I really like what you've done with the stand and how it comes out from the wall. This is pretty cool.

Thank you! The floating canopy will come off the panel at the top which is a dual layer 3/4" plywood screwed directly into the studs on a staggered pattern. The entire height of the plywood. Should support the weight of a canopy no problem but only time will tell.

congrats!

Thank you!! This little guy (or girl) is growing faster than I'm getting my tank done!

Screenshot_20200713-173257_Gallery.jpg

Do you have a diagram on the plumbing you are speculating on for this closed loop system? I find those interesting and while mine isn't going to be one I'm trying to get as much flow as i can out of my return lines (dual return pumps) so i can reduce the number of power heads in use. That's the theory anyhow.

I do not have a diagram as it would be a nightmare to draw out but I'll dig up some photos of it. Basically there's one 1 1/2" intake (Should have been larger) feeding two Ecotech Vectra M2's. Each M2 has 2 1" outlets in opposite corners that are then split into 2 more 3/4" locline outlets which have different heads on them that I'm still playing with.

so...how did you make that happen haha. I'm freaking out about that now cuz it's only a few weeks away.

4 guys, one on each corner and a two doors that were removed. It was still pretty heavy at 400+ pounds and hard to maneuver because of it's width but we managed to do it in two stages. One to get it in the door off the truck. And the next to bring it inside onto the floor. After that when the stand was made it took 3 of us to get it onto the stand itself.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 guys, one on each corner and a two doors that were removed. It was still pretty heavy at 400+ pounds and hard to maneuver because of it's width but we managed to do it in two stages. One to get it in the door off the truck. And the next to bring it inside onto the floor. After that when the stand was made it took 3 of us to get it onto the stand itself.
Yeah, went about like that for mine. Luckily we only had one door. The guys managed to lift it off a cart, through the door, and onto the stand in one motion...though it was worrisome at moments...All I could think of was smash...then another 6 months waiting on another new tank...and floor repair... :) Luckily there was no issue.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear the ultrasounds are all up and up dad :)

Dad.... now that's a scary thought;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting But it was a real relief to here things are looking good so far!

Yeah, went about like that for mine. Luckily we only had one door. The guys managed to lift it off a cart, through the door, and onto the stand in one motion...though it was worrisome at moments...All I could think of was smash...then another 6 months waiting on another new tank...and floor repair... :) Luckily there was no issue.

I had the same thoughts well except for the floors, don't really care about my floors lol

Baby pictures! :) so crazy that we can see them like that isn’t it?

It was freaky seeing it for sure and SO cool at the same time!!

Oh yeah, cool progress on the tank.

Lol, thanks!! Little set back, I guess in my scaping/locline install I somehow loosened the bulkheads and I have two teeny tiny leaks I now have to fix;Shifty. Waiting for some days off to drain the tank and deal with it, probably going to replumb one of the lines that has a leak to deal with it more easily in the future If it happens.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? They did not have orange? White is so BORING! ;Hilarious

Ofcourse they did, but orange matches with Apex and... well...

;Vomit;Vomit;Vomit;Vomit;Vomit;Vomit;Vomit;Vomit;Sour;Sour;Sour;Sour

Screenshot_20200723-161439_Samsung Internet.jpg

They did have lime green which I seriously debated....

Screenshot_20200723-161444_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back