• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Saltwater flowing, bulkheads no longer leaking, I gotta say, it feels REALLY good right now.
20200924_163930.jpg
20200924_125946.jpg
20200924_125857.jpg
20200924_125843.jpg

Just about to place my order for the rest of the plumbing for the reactors as well as a few odds and ends like some silicone tubing and mat for this outlandishly loud pump mostly from the vibrations. Which you can feel through the floor above the sump because the plumbing is screwed into the ceiling. Shouldn't be too hard of a fix though.

The overflow is 100% silent which I was relieved to find out, not even a trickle :D :D
absolutely radical!!! love it!

OP
JoshH

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Man this tank is assume! Can’t wait for more
Thank you! I can't wait either, we are now in the process of hammering out a solid fish plan now the clowns are in, according to my wife they look lonely in such a huge tank. And boy do they ever. They are maybe an inch and a half and look TINY in a 120

brett_schn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Thank you! I can't wait either, we are now in the process of hammering out a solid fish plan now the clowns are in, according to my wife they look lonely in such a huge tank. And boy do they ever. They are maybe an inch and a half and look TINY in a 120
My clowns look tiny in my 40g too. Can’t wait to get my tank stocked and a good sump

Corals.com
OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
alright been going for days now!! where are the coral pics :p ;Woot;Woot;Woot
Tomorrow is tansfer my last surviving coral from the Nuvo 10 day. My toadstool and acan will get a nice bath and plop into the new tank then I can take the Nuvos downstairs and setup the coral QT's for new arrivals

OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
just kidding :) it looks good!
Thanks! I gotta admit there was a part of me that never thought this day would come lol And now shopping for fish and coral just feels almost surreal.

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! I gotta admit there was a part of me that never thought this day would come lol And now shopping for fish and coral just feels almost surreal.
I have a blue tang that's pretty much outgrown my tank I would give him to ya if I could!

OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
nope it's real....look at your bank statements :p
I try not to :p I might squeeze in building the light canopy tomorrow as well but I'll have to play that one by ear so to speak. I think I've settled on Orphek LED bars supplemented with AI Primes now and Kessils down the road.

OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a blue tang that's pretty much outgrown my tank I would give him to ya if I could!
I wish! Unfortunately he would probably out grow my tank in a few years and I'd have a REAL hard time finding him a new home. Mostly because I really wouldn't want to find it a new home.

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
I wish! Unfortunately he would probably out grow my tank in a few years and I'd have a REAL hard time finding him a new home.
He's maybe 4"... but yeah your tank is only 1ft longer than mine so fair enough. I feel like a discounted fat happy tang goes pretty quick no? I wonder if I'm going to have a hard time moving him :0

fishguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
He's maybe 4"... but yeah your tank is only 1ft longer than mine so fair enough. I feel like a discounted fat happy tang goes pretty quick no? I wonder if I'm going to have a hard time moving him :0
no prob,healthy est hippo :cool: gone in seconds;)

OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
You might, it's hard to tell, though I'm sure you could find SOMEBODY willing to take him. Start the search now on R2R for anyone near you who's setting up a new larger tank. Would be a perfect match.

brett_schn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I try not to :p I might squeeze in building the light canopy tomorrow as well but I'll have to play that one by ear so to speak. I think I've settled on Orphek LED bars supplemented with AI Primes now and Kessils down the road.
I think the ai primes should do you well especially because you’re running a shallower tank!

OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
I think the ai primes should do you well especially because you’re running a shallower tank!
You're right, they will serve me very well for quite some time until I want to throw some higher demand corals in there :)

Well the first signs of light and life on the reef have shown themselves today :) They are a little unhappy with the move but should be okay. Temporary placements for now until the light canopy is complete....

20200929_145025.jpg
20200929_145036.jpg

Lazys Coral House

Do you have a iPad or similar type screen mounted somewhere near your tank for control or display?

• YES

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • NO

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Innovative Marine