My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta keep the update on that sump when it lands from Mr. Elder! Especially since we have few if any options up here, and the closest one down south went out of business with no warning, heh. Glad I didn't pull that $1200 trigger for the frag tank.

I will post a bunch of updates when it gets in, one more piece of the puzzle so to speak and a big one at that, I spoke with Kyle and bumped it up to 52" Long still 20" wide and 18" high though ;)

CL_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta keep the update on that sump when it lands from Mr. Elder! Especially since we have few if any options up here, and the closest one down south went out of business with no warning, heh. Glad I didn't pull that $1200 trigger for the frag tank.
Some of us were not so lucky.

Been following this tank for some time, so I’m excited to see where it goes!

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us were not so lucky.

Been following this tank for some time, so I’m excited to see where it goes!

That's really unfortunate, I hope you can manage to work past that arguably huge setback. I tell you if Kyle doesn't come through I'll probably be SUPER pi$$ed. There is a great deal of money invested in the new sump and I'd be crushed if something like that happened...

Anyway, glad to have you following along!!! Hopefully soon I'll have something nice for you to stare at :)

dang, hope you didn't get burned too badly by those guys. Don't want to hijack Josh's thread, but yeah, I was pretty close to doing it for a bit there.

No worries, I enjoy the casual conversation, I'm glad you managed to stick with the Miracles sump and not be in that position. $1200 is a pretty big loss to eat.... how are you liking the glass sump? I seriously debated going glass on this build as I do really enjoy the look and the ease of cleaning.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump was through Concept, just couldn't justify north of $600 for a glass sump (M) when I got this for under $400, delivered. It's working out well, added some ZenReef accessories.

Should I ever be able to move and do the large peninsula that I want, depending on your experience and since it would be my final tank forray, custom acrylic/pvc would probably be the route.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump was through Concept, just couldn't justify north of $600 for a glass sump (M) when I got this for under $400, delivered. It's working out well, added some ZenReef accessories.

Should I ever be able to move and do the large peninsula that I want, depending on your experience and since it would be my final tank forray, custom acrylic/pvc would probably be the route.

Sorry Kyle I forgot it was a Concept Sump, I'm in the same position, just one step ahead I guess, this is my dream tank so grabbing the dream sump along with it is just part of the territory :)

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks awesome!

Thanks!! Someday it will be wet lol

and nothing but crickets.

I prefer to cause a disturbance in other threads and stick to the hard facts here ;) I might do a little work on the fish room in the coming weeks but it will just be boring things like electrical and drywall lol nothing really worth posting....

On another note I just finished cycling my other Nuvo 10 and started moving things over from my aptasia infested Nuvo 10
20191209_182222.jpg

20191212_210006.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I go away for a while, come back and you're still dry. Sheeeesh... I'm starting to wonder if you actually own the tank you claim you own. :D

And to think I almost missed having you around....

.... Bad feeling gone! ;) :p

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to think I almost missed having you around....

.... Bad feeling gone! ;) :p

Key word in your sentence being "almost."

I'm almost offended.

And to close, your imaginary almost wet tank is still much better than my nonexistent tank!

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Key word in your sentence being "almost."

I'm almost offended.

And to close, your imaginary almost wet tank is still much better than my nonexistent tank!

You bring up a rather good point, however just the other day I got told my build plans could take years and I shouldn't get any fish with the intention of moving them to a larger tank.

So it's got me wondering if I should drag this one out over a few years. I mean I'm almost 1 year down already :p

Atleast with no tank you don't get asked when it's going to be filled over and over again or pestered from those that dont have tanks saying "it's still dry?!?!?!?" ;)

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking fragging your snow flippers!
I pop over and give them a trim, hard enough to keep you in the house to finish the build!
Oh and I could tutor you in the letter U, it is aboUt not a boot, that is something normal people wear on their feet! ;)

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious But then I'd lose my magic touch! Can't be doing that now come on.

And hey just cause we pronounce it a boot doesn't mean we don't know how to spell things correctly with a U, we got that from you guys after all! :p

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back