My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the sump! Brings interesting ideas for future planning

Thank you! Glad I could inspire your future plans, I hope some of my other ideas I'll be talking about in a little bit will spark some other ideas for future plans :)

If you can get Concept to ship my tank before the end of the week when everything shuts down, sure!

Hummm, I shall stop by and start coughing at the door, tell them to hurry up or I'll uncover my mouth;Doctor

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow and steady wins the race. #Slothreefing

I started plumbing my closed loop yesterday, what a pain in the butt that's been so far:confused: I think I've greatly misjudged the room under my stand, also the room I need to maneuver my fat butt in order to work on things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here's where I am as of right now, finally got the intake side of the system wrapped up. The stand the pumps are sitting on is temporary while the permanent one is being built. I didn't have room for the amount of unions I wanted so where I couldn't I used threaded joints instead.
20200323_132858.jpg

20200323_132905.jpg

Now for a little lunch break and then on to the returns! And yes I'm well aware the underside of the plywood isn't painted. :)

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a union butting up against a full union ball valve?!

I'll be honest, a big part of it is because I'm lazy, the union fittings on the valve once they are tightened aren't the easiest to take off compared to the lasco ones. Also If anything needs to be changed with the rest of the plumbing past the valve I just need to replace the one half of a $1.50 Union vs ordering a $30 valve to replace the union side of the valve as you can't order them separately from the valve. And where they wouldn't fit, I used threaded fittings in there place...

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after day two, here I am I'd say 80% complete. I haven't been able to do things exactly how I wanted to due to space constraints but for the most part I'm pretty happy so far. Tomorrow should be all done and ready for a leak test, fingers crossed everything holds up! :)

20200324_211728.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back