My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually done that, a couple of times, maybe more ;Hilarious. Left a note and pencil in one of the hands too. Most said something along the lines of "Please tell my wife and kids I love them"...a couple that said "I am Jimmy Hoffa". Might be a couple of driveways with skeletons in them too :eek:

I approve of this behavior ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now after a long hard half-day of work time for some dinner
20200604_180333.jpg

;Drool

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grats on getting to go forward and start finishing up. Looking forward to the build

Thank you! It's been far too long of a wait and now I can finally start piecing things together. I guess the backlog with inspections is due to the fact that everything is done by video chat now. It took a really long time taking my phone around and tracing each wire so the inspector could see it all ;Bored

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, well with drywall being 100% on the walls aside from coating obviously. I guess I should actually describe the room I've been talking about for so long. The sump room as I like to call it is just off the laundry room and is 9 1/2' by 5 1/2'. My plans are to obviously house the sump in here along this wall....
20200604_202044.jpg

The sump is 54" long so it leaves me room for an external pump and a litte bit of work space (Very little). The sump height is something I'm still debating but it should fall somewhere in the middle of the middle outlet you see on the wall (RODI/Saltwater outlet). That pretty much sums up what's going in on this side. Along the wall to the right is where my eventual control center will be. Eventually I'll be diving into a GHL setup when the need and funds arise so probably sometime early next year with how things are currently going.

The opposite wall looks like this...
20200604_202053.jpg

On this wall I will have my Observation and Coral QT setups along with Saltwater and RODI tanks for AWC and ATO purposes.

The rooms a little on the snug side but I think things will fit in nicely still and I'll still have room to move around and do what I need to do. The walls themselves are made of two layers you can see in the previous pictures, first being 3/8" OSB followed by 1/4" drywall. These layers are on all walls and the ceiling so I can mount whatever, wherever I want to without having to worry too much about support or finding a joist/stud. That's all for now, got called in to work so coating is going to have to wait for another day. :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you know??????
;Troll
I have actually done that, a couple of times, maybe more ;Hilarious. Left a note and pencil in one of the hands too. Most said something along the lines of "Please tell my wife and kids I love them"...a couple that said "I am Jimmy Hoffa". Might be a couple of driveways with skeletons in them too :eek:

That. Is. Awesome Sauce.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, managed to toss in the stand for the sump, needs a little shimming and finishing but other than that I'm happy with the height and depth of the shelf itself, VERY easy to reach the back of the sump and behind it as well.
20200605_182350.jpg

20200605_183506.jpg

And purely for dimensional testing.....

20200605_190349.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awesome! You are humming right along. Nice work

Thanks @Raege! BTW attempting to catch up in your thread, I hope the worst is behind you now. Now the major stuff is mostly done I can actually chip away at the slightly smaller projects and knock them off the list bit by bit. It's MUCH easier to get things done with my schedule now. It also helps to have such a demanding pair of supervisors.

20200605_191740.jpg

20200605_191043.jpg

I'll be ordering a slightly used MRC 6100 on Thursday that will be my temporary return pump until I can spare the budget for an Abyzz. Definitely overpowered but I think with my head height and a little gate valve action I can tune it to what I need. Heck with all the extra juice I might use it to run my reactors as well for now.

Last edited:

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Raege! BTW attempting to catch up in your thread, I hope the worst is behind you now.
Thanks :) Not the club I wanted to join but part of this tanks journey better and worse.
Someday will be burying the “fake skeletons” on my dream build and thus will be a faint memory :cool:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :) Not the club I wanted to join but part of this tanks journey better and worse.
Someday will be burying the “fake skeletons” on my dream build and thus will be a faint memory :cool:
I am staying far away from your basement when the dream comes true! As much as I love cold steel.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am staying far away from your basement when the dream comes true! As much as I love cold steel.
Sure.... now that I know about “dipping” the French fries what chance will anyone have? Muahahaha

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think it's something we all have to go through at some point. Almost like a right of passage.

I'll add I'm a little concerned about the way you said "Fake Skeletons", makes me feel like you're already rehearsing your alibi :oops:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back