My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well look at that it’s wet. Looking good

Missed so much I may have to see if @Fin got wet

It is indeed, finally wet. And I'm already learning some things like right now with no return it's evaporating 1 gallon a day so I'll definitely have to keep ontop of that. Shouldn't be too much for my Tunze to handle though :)

Check my tank status under my profile pic = "Wet. No life." :p

There's got to be life in it now even if you can't see it:)

A little afternoon shot from yesterday...
20200703_211239.jpg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is indeed, finally wet. And I'm already learning some things like right now with no return it's evaporating 1 gallon a day so I'll definitely have to keep ontop of that. Shouldn't be too much for my Tunze to handle though :)

There's got to be life in it now even if you can't see it:)

A little afternoon shot from yesterday...
20200703_211239.jpg
Wow! Rock is perfect and love the returns. I’ll have to get you over to setup my next build

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Rock is perfect and love the returns. I’ll have to get you over to setup my next build

Thank you! Just started cycling so be a little while longer till there's any life in it but it feels REALLY good to finally be at this stage.

If doing it all over again I would have done a couple things differently if I'm being honest. Still the closed loop system however one with no holes in the tank.

And I dunno about coming over but I'll definitely help you spend your money ;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;)

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Just started cycling so be a little while longer till there's any life in it but it feels REALLY good to finally be at this stage.

If doing it all over again I would have done a couple things differently if I'm being honest. Still the closed loop system however one with no holes in the tank.

And I dunno about coming over but I'll definitely help you spend your money ;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;)
Trust me, he will help you spend your money...ask me how I know ;Hilarious ;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!

Thanks! There will more than likely be a couple changes to the scape but nothing major. Just want some more hiding space for fish.

I love your tank! It kind of inspired me to do the peninsula style.

Thank you! Honestly I'll never not have a peninsula style again. They are truly awesome tanks, no matter the size and I feel give the best viewing possible which is what we are all after I think. Unfortunately not everyone has the space for a huge peninsula though and they do have there challenges but totally worth it in the end IMO.

Always happy to see someone inspired to do something new and challening :) Hopefully you finish yours quicker than I'll be finishing mine lol!

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! There will more than likely be a couple changes to the scape but nothing major. Just want some more hiding space for fish.

Thank you! Honestly I'll never not have a peninsula style again. They are truly awesome tanks, no matter the size and I feel give the best viewing possible which is what we are all after I think. Unfortunately not everyone has the space for a huge peninsula though and they do have there challenges but totally worth it in the end IMO.

Always happy to see someone inspired to do something new and challening :) Hopefully you finish yours quicker than I'll be finishing mine lol!
Oh, I finished mine. Last June. Lol. I had contemplated the idea until I seen your thread. That’s when I just did the switch-a-roo and made mine a peninsula. It’s nowhere near as nice as yours though.
I also agree with you, I don’t think I could ever make the switch back to a normal style tank. You get 3 for 1 with this style. It’s awesome. Keep up the good work! It’s very inspiring to many people.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I finished mine. Last June. Lol. I had contemplated the idea until I seen your thread. That’s when I just did the switch-a-roo and made mine a peninsula. It’s nowhere near as nice as yours though.
I also agree with you, I don’t think I could ever make the switch back to a normal style tank. You get 3 for 1 with this style. It’s awesome. Keep up the good work! It’s very inspiring to many people.

Glad you made the switch!! And I appreciate your kind words, I'm trying my best to keep things rolling!

Wanna come aqua scape my next tank yours is amazing haha

I wish I had the time to! Too much going on right now lol

Awesome dimensions on this tank! Jealous of the easy top down views you will have. Im so freaking short I gotta use a step ladder for my waterbox. Ha

Thanks!! I do wish I went a little longer and wider, 72" x 36" would have been PERFECT. I do absolutely love the top down look of the shallow tank.

stay safe ,wanna hear from you in an hour ;)

Does 48 minutes count?

Back