My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other tank news, I have managed to fix the two leaks that had occurred after my plumbing fiasco and it seem in fixing those two, a new one popped up ;Bored ;Shifty

I liken it to whack-a-mole. When the new intake comes in I will drain the tank for hopefully the last time and install it and fix the teeeny tiny leak.

Today I taped and coated the corners in the Sump room, I also second coated all the screws. I haven’t had much time lately to do any work on it and it's been bugging me so one of the things on my list today was to get atleast one coat on something in there.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let there be light!

20200806_185957.jpg

And no @Katrina71 they do not change colour, I was eyeing up the ones that do but they don't produce the white light I wanted when not in cool color mode so I had to pass on them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I FINALLLY got one of my Vectras working as intended. Man that was a headache and a half that lead to a lot of work on Ecotech's part. But to there credit they figured it out and things are ticking along with one pump now. The other one I haven't gotten around to resetting up.
Screenshot_20200804-205547_Mobius.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man im excited to see u finally wrap up the rough prep josh. Been a ride to remember already... GitterDone!

Coat #2 On the fish room one more and it's sand and paint time ;Smuggrin

20200808_165743.jpg
20200808_165751.jpg

You're telling me, I think the baby news has been a real wakeup call, I'm running out of time to get this stuff done!
PVC pipe made it all the way to Winnipeg before being sent back to the US because it didn't have an invoice on the outside of the package, without so much as a phone call. MAN I HATE UPS!!! Most useless company out there.;Shifty

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coat #2 On the fish room one more and it's sand and paint time ;Smuggrin

20200808_165743.jpg
20200808_165751.jpg

You're telling me, I think the baby news has been a real wakeup call, I'm running out of time to get this stuff done!
PVC pipe made it all the way to Winnipeg before being sent back to the US because it didn't have an invoice on the outside of the package, without so much as a phone call. MAN I HATE UPS!!! Most useless company out there.;Shifty
That is your government at work not UPS...just saying as one who shipped to and from Canada via UPS. I must say the paperwork and requirements are very specific and require attention detail for success. I had to order parts for a motorcycle from Canada and boy was shipping much longer and more expensive than I was told! I think it was just as difficult to ship to Germany and Thailand as I recall.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is your government at work not UPS.

While I agree that shipping to Canada can be a tricky one. In this case it is absolutely UPS' fault for the massive delay.... It was UPS that sent the package back to the US without so much as a phone call or email. If they had have called I could have provided the Information that was missing immediately (Commercial Invoice) and the package would be in my hands long ago.

It was also UPS that refused to put a stop ship on the package even though it had JUST left the facility and told me that the sender could reship it once they received it back. They are also the ones that charged me $50 for duty collection fees (which should absolutely be illegal but I won't go down that road). Then refused to refund them immediately eventhough I was charged them AFTER the package was already on it's way back.

UPS is absolutely the WORST company to ship anything when it comes to buying things online in Canada and even worse when shopping online on US sites. So much so that I generally refuse to shop anywhere that only ships with UPS. In this case it was worth it for the cost of pipe, although now I'm still regretting it a bit.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree that shipping to Canada can be a tricky one. In this case it is absolutely UPS' fault for the massive delay.... It was UPS that sent the package back to the US without so much as a phone call or email. If they had have called I could have provided the Information that was missing immediately (Commercial Invoice) and the package would be in my hands long ago.

It was also UPS that refused to put a stop ship on the package even though it had JUST left the facility and told me that the sender could reship it once they received it back. They are also the ones that charged me $50 for duty collection fees (which should absolutely be illegal but I won't go down that road). Then refused to refund them immediately eventhough I was charged them AFTER the package was already on it's way back.

UPS is absolutely the WORST company to ship anything when it comes to buying things online in Canada and even worse when shopping online on US sites. So much so that I generally refuse to shop anywhere that only ships with UPS. In this case it was worth it for the cost of pipe, although now I'm still regretting it a bit.
Ups left a 12 frag stick pack on a dock in southern california... back in May. Cooked a fox flame and 2 others from the yourreef live sale. Im done w them. Fedex wins overnights. Period.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ups left a 12 frag stick pack on a dock in southern california... back in May. Cooked a fox flame and 2 others from the yourreef live sale. Im done w them. Fedex wins overnights. Period.

FedEx atleast for cross border shipping is only JUST slightly better, I prefer USPS when I shop in the US. FedEx didn't charge me initially for the border fees so I thought they were worked into the shipping charges already. Turns out 3 months later I received a notice from a collections agency saying my $16.95 fee was due and demanding immediate payment. Yeah, that's right, no phone call, email, letter in the mail from FedEx saying I owed them money and where or how to pay them. Just a letter from collections which drastically affected my credit for some time until I had it disputed on my credit record. They are all greasy scum bags it's no wonder Amazon has been so successful filling in the blanks. Not that I buy anything from them either lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx atleast for cross border shipping is only JUST slightly better, I prefer USPS when I shop in the US. FedEx didn't charge me initially for the border fees so I thought they were worked into the shipping charges already. Turns out 3 months later I received a notice from a collections agency saying my $16.95 fee was due and demanding immediate payment. Yeah, that's right, no phone call, email, letter in the mail from FedEx saying I owed them money and where or how to pay them. Just a letter from collections which drastically affected my credit for some time until I had it disputed on my credit record. They are all greasy scum bags it's no wonder Amazon has been so successful filling in the blanks. Not that I buy anything from them either lol
giphy.gif

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it going; looks great.

Thank you! Tank itself is currently cycling right now even without a plumbed sump. I might just pick up a couple new additions in a few days if I have the time.

Should be all dry today so tomorrow I can sand
20200816_193643.jpg
20200816_193635.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Tank itself is currently cycling right now even without a plumbed sump. I might just pick up a couple new additions in a few days if I have the time.

Should be all dry today so tomorrow I can sand
20200816_193643.jpg
20200816_193635.jpg

Hide a halloween skeleton in the wall!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back