My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and Best wishes Josh, life is beautiful. Have you started the search for a name or is it decided?
Rich he probably doesn’t want people to feel bad knowing he picked “Raege” and not their name do not really a great question........... sheeeesh

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh, this needs some explaining I think ;Hilarious

I agree, explanation is definitely needed there!

May need you to come help me with my fish room @JoshH , and moving my tank

Sure I'll get right on that.... did you see when I started this thread? I hope you have A LOT of patience ;) :p

See , all the guys that like my post agree

Ofcourse they do it's not them doing anything :rolleyes:

Congrats and Best wishes Josh, life is beautiful. Have you started the search for a name or is it decided?

Thank you!!!! We had narrowed it down to Grayson before we found out and now we are just going through and seeing if there is any other ones we like to be sure.

Rich he probably doesn’t want people to feel bad knowing he picked “Raege” and not their name do not really a great question........... sheeeesh

;Jawdrop How did you know that?!?!?!?

Who'd you get the PVC from, the guys in AB? Nevermind, saw it a few pages back. Free bump.

Even with the exchange rate Formufit was cheaper than them...

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And so it begins! (This will be a slow and steady build) After moving into our first home a month ago and selling our cargo trailer I have been given the green light to order my dream tank and get rolling on putting together a system that I will be happy with for many years to come.

The house we purchased has a living room, family room and a teeny tiny dining 'nook' off the living room. I'm currently in the midst of redoing the family room into the new dining room and the nook will become my tank area (Pictured Below)

The tank itself will be built by Miracles Aquariums, a 60" × 24" × 16.5" peninsula style with external overflow plumbed to the basement fish room below (Yes I got lucky enough there is a room in the basement just to the right of where the tank will be that has no purpose, so the fiancé suggested it become a fish room, gotta love her:)).

Right now my two clowns are hanging out in a Nuvo 10 after the move as I didn't want to set up the RSM C130 once I found out I could get the new tank. Hopefully they can hold out a few more months without going insane.

Equipment list for now consists of...

Tank: Miracles Custom Peninsula
Stand: DIY dual layer Plywood
Sump: Custom Lifereef for now, upgrading down the road
Lighting: 48" Aquatic Life T5 fixture with Kessil A160s
Skimmer: Lifereef SVS2-24
Heaters: Dual Neotherms (unknown size as of now)
Controller: GHL Profilux 4 Ultimate Set with touch pad.
Return: Undecided, leaning towards Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0

Just wanted to get the thread started now and I'll be adding pictures and info as I go along:D

And a really horrible screen drawing of the eventual position of the tank

Sry, had to lol
Fify ;)
Screenshot_20181025-214552~2.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardest parts gunna be moving it into the basement, and drywall if the basement

Drywall is definitely the hardest part of any build, ever. Probably the most hated part of construction there is lol!!

Please god no.

Hey we just like to Savor our builds, cause after that it's dealing with fish diseases, random coral loss, algae issues, the list goes on and on. Gotta enjoy the simpler stages too ;) :cool:

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that good enough for you /\ /\ ???

Thanks @TJDSEKULA that pic reminds me that I have actually made some progress ;) :p
Lol np, i hear ya on that my large dt recently hit one year with water (probably almost 2 since starting to build the room around the tank lol) and sometimes ot seems like ive gotten no where untill i look back for a pic. Tank progress just seems so slow at times. I also love snapping pics and drawing out my ideas with poor virtual finger paint so i couldn't help myself in "finishing" yours.
I really like the spralling shallow builds and also used some stax for a similar style. So, also cool build!! And had to comment to follow ;)

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey we just like to Savor our builds, cause after that it's dealing with fish diseases, random coral loss, algae issues, the list goes on and on. Gotta enjoy the simpler stages too ;) :cool:
Umm...so do you plan to have this running before the baby is born? And my son peed on me today, so that’s what is in your future ;Hilarious Hope you have a plan to keep little Josh out of the tank also.:D

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm...so do you plan to have this running before the baby is born? And my son peed on me today, so that’s what is in your future ;Hilarious Hope you have a plan to keep little Josh out of the tank also.:D

Yes actually the plan is to have it Fully up and running before the baby is born, whether that actually happens I'm not 100% sure. We have SOOOOO much on the to do list it's rather daunting. Tomorrow I will be grabbing the paint and more than likely getting the walls painted up in the fish room so one more step closer, then it's wait for the flex seal time ;Shifty

YAY!!! SO looking forward to that :rolleyes: hopefully it doesn't happen too often but knowing my luck it will be a daily occurrence. Future children was another reason why the sumps in the basement, the only thing he can do is play with the closed loop pumps right now and that will change before he can physically get close to the controllers.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back