My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the beginnings of the water change station below and the shelf for the QT tanks/work space above
20200907_172733.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the beginnings of the water change station below and the shelf for the QT tanks/work space above
20200907_172733.jpg
Jeeze, for a moment I thought you wrote diaper change station. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeeze, for a moment I thought you wrote diaper change station. ;Hilarious

Already told the wife we have two portable diaper change stations....
20200426_112346.jpg
20200428_180624.jpg

Killin it man! No more brakes! Or breaks! Lets sauce this puppy!

Working on it, well still waiting for a couple things to show up but doing what I can. Got the drain worked out and bulkhead for the pump intake drilled....

20200909_171237.jpg
20200909_152702.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, not much to add lately, finished all the painting aside from the flex seal which I will be starting tomorrow. Started working on getting the Electrical all buttoned up. Plugs behind the pump are covered with water resistant boxes over the sump and QT areas, the other plugs are relatively safe so not covering them....

20200913_191433.jpg
20200913_192039.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, not much to add lately, finished all the painting aside from the flex seal which I will be starting tomorrow. Started working on getting the Electrical all buttoned up. Plugs behind the pump are covered with water resistant boxes over the sump and QT areas, the other plugs are relatively safe so not covering them....

20200913_191433.jpg
20200913_192039.jpg
You gonna leave the walls plain or do you have a texture in mind? Pictures hanging? I kinda like it when theres nothing to take away from the display. But some decor looks perfect.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gonna leave the walls plain or do you have a texture in mind? Pictures hanging? I kinda like it when theres nothing to take away from the display. But some decor looks perfect.

There is something I will be doing with the flex seal at a later date when the thing I need shows up, but other than that I was planning on leaving it blue for the most part. Eventually there will be more acrylic projects along the lines of the sump so I can't have the walls too busy or it will take away from those things.

I was planning on framing @sfin52's drawings and hanging them but I don't think he's going to send them to me ;Shifty

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is something I will be doing with the flex seal at a later date when the thing I need shows up, but other than that I was planning on leaving it blue for the most part. Eventually there will be more acrylic projects along the lines of the sump so I can't have the walls too busy or it will take away from those things.

I was planning on framing @sfin52's drawings and hanging them but I don't think he's going to send them to me ;Shifty
We can spank him with enabling paddles if need be.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that my wiring is winding down I tallied up my costs for it and including the electrical permit I'm right around $800, and that's with doing all the work myself. Cost to pay someone else to do it would have been north of $2200. All in all, totally worth doing it on my own as much as I absolutely hate working with 12 gauge wire ;Shifty

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll send them to you. Pm your address

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have probably seen this build. Renton777 is going with a closed loop system. The link below is a view of the setup in his new build. Definitely not the best place to start reading necessarily, but I thought you might find it interesting.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that my wiring is winding down I tallied up my costs for it and including the electrical permit I'm right around $800, and that's with doing all the work myself. Cost to pay someone else to do it would have been north of $2200. All in all, totally worth doing it on my own as much as I absolutely hate working with 12 gauge wire ;Shifty
Try 3 PCB's stacked .725" apart, +/-.010 into something the size of a whopper, jumping leads and channels with 30 guage. ;)

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have probably seen this build. Renton777 is going with a closed loop system. The link below is a view of the setup in his new build. Definitely not the best place to start reading necessarily, but I thought you might find it interesting.

That's an awesome build! Closed loops are definitely not just flow of the past now it seems. :) It's SOOOOOO hard to follow everyone's threads now a days I don't think I can add anymore to the list. Poor @RichtheReefer21 has to settle for my emojis and I haven't checked out @Scratch08's thread in a couple weeks... hard core thread slacking right now ;Sorry

I think the drawings will look awesome too! It will make you smile!

They will definitely make me smile, and it's like having a piece of you guys in the build which is always fun. Although I think @sfin52 will need to make a few more drawings ;Smuggrin

Try 3 PCB's stacked .725" apart, +/-.010 into something the size of a whopper, jumping leads and channels with 30 guage. ;)

Yeah....... no. ;Facepalm

Man this flex seal stuff is.... well, different lol! Smells awful, difficult to apply, destroys every brush and roller it touches.

One coat down, I think Ill do one more on the top and wall part behind the sump then start setting everything up. Oh and BTW for anyone looking at using flex seal, whatever you think you need, quadruple it. What you see right there is half a gallon, granted I could have probably gone slightly thinner but not much.

20200914_154024.jpg

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back