My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from work so I figured I'd poke the bear somewhere ;Smuggrin

Thanks! Things are moving slowly but surely I'm SERIOUSLY tempted to order my first fish, especially when the wife pointed one out that she really wants. That has NEVER happened before so I'm chomping at the bit right now lol
Enjoy the quarantine/observation process! Get the fish!

As Victoria said, DO IT!!!! Having fish in the house will motivate you to keep pushing. Plus, you do HAVE to keep the wife happy right now (ok the last part is true, but it does help that she is making our case stronger);Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Victoria said, DO IT!!!! Having fish in the house will motivate you to keep pushing. Plus, you do HAVE to keep the wife happy right now (ok the last part is true, but it does help that she is making our case stronger);Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

TRUST ME, there's nothing easy about holding back and honestly I was just going to toss the first two additions (Clowns) directly into the tank. Just worried about aeration as theres zero surface skimming going on right now. So I'm not sure how that effects oxygen levels in the water.

Today I started the arduous task of plumbing these drains and at the same time, making a list of the plumbing parts im missing, hard to believe with all the parts that I do have I could possibly be missing some. But it's true, so ANOTHER order going in shortly:rolleyes:;Shifty

20200918_201214.jpg
20200918_201221.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
evening ,looking like progress ;) power head pointed at surface to exchange gases and oxygen , no excuses:p happend to notice the coke cans:oops:i use that to clean oils off my windshields;)no substitute;Woot;Woot;Woot
WP_20200222_14_48_37_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
evening ,looking like progress ;) power head pointed at surface to exchange gases and oxygen , no excuses:p happend to notice the coke cans:oops:i use that to clean oils off my windshields;)no substitute;Woot;Woot;Woot
WP_20200222_14_48_37_Pro.jpg

I drank so much of that stuff when I was younger I got sick of it ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

And you forget, I have no powerheads;);):p:p

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow not even a cheapie maxi jet or like,just for temporary ,should have one for em,can you point a return to surface?

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow not even a cheapie maxi jet or like,just for temporary ,should have one for em,can you point a return to surface?

I could point one of the closed loop outlets towards the surface. My last maxijet shocked me, one of the reasons I went the closed loop route as well

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Alright you enablers, happy????

Screenshot_20200919-142817_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Witch one is Nemo so I can refer to him as her?! ;)

Lol! The Tripple dot is the wife's and she's naming it Boo Boo, so hopefully it ends up the female ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Although if it's not, I might be able to get him a 3D printed picnic basket ;Bookworm ;Writing

Last edited:

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

TRUST ME, there's nothing easy about holding back and honestly I was just going to toss the first two additions (Clowns) directly into the tank. Just worried about aeration as theres zero surface skimming going on right now. So I'm not sure how that effects oxygen levels in the water.

Today I started the arduous task of plumbing these drains and at the same time, making a list of the plumbing parts im missing, hard to believe with all the parts that I do have I could possibly be missing some. But it's true, so ANOTHER order going in shortly:rolleyes:;Shifty

20200918_201214.jpg
20200918_201221.jpg
We should start a community pool, like those gardens lol. I'm sure between a few of us we could fund a tank or three lol.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well played, and nice fish.

I told you guys he could be pressured into it. Now to push him to get that plumbing done. ;Hilarious;Hilarious

Thanks! I've never seen the triple dot clowns before, the wife only wanted one so I went with the snowflake for the other.

And hey I'm not that big of a pushover!

We should start a community pool, like those gardens lol. I'm sure between a few of us we could fund a tank or three lol.

I wish I could but I'm broke after this :confused:

If we can't provide peer pressure what good are we?

Humm.... you might have a good point there lol!!

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"and I haven't checked out @Scratch08's thread in a couple weeks... hard core thread slacking right now ;Sorry"

Don't worry...you're not missing anything on my build thread...havent updated anything on it in weeks...nothings changed in or on my tank. Hopefully beginning of October I'll place my first coral order, was hoping to do it last weekend, but then a hurricane happened, and I spent my coral money making sure we had what we needed to survive without power for however long we had to...now I have a bunch of extra stuff I wont really use again, unless there is another hurricane that is, because power came back on sooner than expected... :rolleyes: (and no I'm not complaining about the power being on, I seriously hated the cold showers ;Bored)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back