My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me this philosophy can be applied to just about every aspect of a new build, plan plan plan plan and when you think you have planned enough, plan some more. I agree 100% and then the first thing to remember is, even after all that planning, something is still bound to come up. It's just the nature of the beast. I certainly didn't expect some of my 90° fittings to shrink when I added cleaner in them making them total garbage, however I did plan ahead and bought extras incase SOMETHING happened.

And currently, not waiting on anything now, some of the parts I needed showed up and the others I'm holding off on ordering until I know for sure what I need. However, this will be running tomorrow. As a herbie drain setup for now and when the rest of the parts come in I'll get my emergency drain online and we will be firing on all cylinders ;Smuggrin

I thought you said that you didn't give in to peer pressure that easily. You do realize that you just promised water running through your sump tomorrow right? I am sure if you miss that target we will all be very understanding. ;Facepalm ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Nothing wrong with a Herbie setup. Can't wait to see it running.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say what? What kind of cleaner did you use that shrunk pvc fittings??

Just Regular PVC cleaner from oatley, I think it was just bad chemical reaction with a few of the PVC elbows that may have already had problems and the cleaner just exasperated them. Only 3 of them had problems so far, everything else has been good

I thought you said that you didn't give in to peer pressure that easily.

Nothing but a poor attempt to limit the amount of peer pressure I'm exposed to :p

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just Regular PVC cleaner from oatley, I think it was just bad chemical reaction with a few of the PVC elbows that may have already had problems and the cleaner just exasperated them. Only 3 of them had problems so far, everything else has been good

Nothing but a poor attempt to limit the amount of peer pressure I'm exposed to :p
You have 4.5 hours left before its tomorrow...better get to it. :p

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have exactly 4 more pieces to go in and then a little playing around with the overflow so it MIGHT be doable ;) ;Smuggrin
You'd be finished if you'd quit checking to see who posted what on your thread ;) ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be finished if you'd quit checking to see who posted what on your thread ;) ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Ahhhh but then I'd miss all the wisdom you share. If I read it all at once I wouldn't be able to handle it! ;Dead;Dead

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, they showed up early, the snow flake is drip acclimating now and the triple dot will go in next ;Smuggrin
20200922_103915.jpg
20200922_104032.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quit clowning around ,get plumbing ;)beautiful clowns;Woot;Woot;Woot

Plumbing is JUST about done, but they are happily swimming about there new home regardless, No noticeable aggression and when the second one was introduced the snowflake went right to her. So she seems to already be the boss ;Smuggrin

20200922_122015.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys in Canada?!

You betcha, based out of Edmonton they are one of the very few ORA dealers in Canada :)

As for the rest of you, you are all not very good at practicing patience are you???? Plumbing is complete aside from the reactors, but won't be needing those for quite a bit so decided to leave them for now. I got called into work so I ran out of time to test the system though so have to wait till I get home later today for that.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You betcha, based out of Edmonton they are one of the very few ORA dealers in Canada :)

As for the rest of you, you are all not very good at practicing patience are you???? Plumbing is complete aside from the reactors, but won't be needing those for quite a bit so decided to leave them for now. I got called into work so I ran out of time to test the system though so have to wait till I get home later today for that.
Awesome! Thank you!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We get fed up with practicing patience on our own tanks. Don’t have any left for yours.:p ;Hilarious

Besides, if we weren’t impatient we all know you would still be looking at a pile of plumbing parts.

In all seriousness, you are making some good progress. Glad to see it coming together for you. I am sure it feels really good to be Getting stuff done.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back