My special reefing plans for next week!

Any special reefing plans for this new week?

• Yes

Votes: 177 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 158 41.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 42 11.1%

• Total voters

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long, busy reefing day here. Our club had a frag workshop today from 10:30 to 2:00. Picked up the three frags from the workshop (3" milli, 4 eyes of a "watermelon" favia and another no name acro). Also got a 2.5" Miagi tort frag from a friend in the club. Didn't win anything in the raffle but several newbies won T5 lights and one won a Biocube 32.

Came home, dipped corals, changed my carbon, did a water change in my copper QT. Fed the 3 new fish in QT observation and cleaned my skimmer. Productive day!

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been building a new sump out of an old 75g acrylic tank to replace the 20g that's under my stand. Gonna move it to the basement under the tank and add a nice size frag tank down there as well. Also set up a 15g dedicated compartment within the sump to drain and refill with water for water changes without shutting my return pump off.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a new dosing container shelf our of iron wood scrap
0%FocEXhSUqYLzvw%Cvl+w.jpg

I also made three new 2 liter dosing containers and going back on line dosing micro elemnts
New containers are on the left
ZI%vzAM1SmOy5ALQiGte3Q.jpg

Everything is set for dosing now
pojsnyP4SHG2xot%jEkVnA.jpg

Tomorrow with be testing and some minor clean then a water change Tuesday.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I share, you share, we all share, sharing is fun!

I’m excited because I’ve got some new water mixing up and I plan on a water change and a sand spruce up!! My tank is doing so great so I plan on the following.
  • Water change
  • Pick up old shells
  • Rearrange odd ball corals
  • Clean sand
  • Add a new layer of fresh sand
Sounds like fun huh!? Ha! When you’re excited you know it’s pretty accomplishing!

What about you, any plans?

2096829D-906A-4521-B5D6-72C4F0DD064A.jpeg

If all goes well, 18 dendronephthya colonies from Emark arrive on Friday, from the beautiful island of Tonga. Don't forget Papua New Guinea shipping in September, hopefully

1-alcyonaria-soft-coral-colin-knight.jpg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rescape/restart a nano cube I have since years which I never got to take care of as I was always busy with the 400G have recently upgraded its lighting and will be upgrading its flow. New rocks and a few special frags I collected for it.
A big water change planned as i missed last water change.
Run tests.
Take a few pictures and update build thread :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been slowly removing my old sand over the past month and replacing it with Caribsea dry aragonite special grade. Love aragonite based sand. I see you do too! Like minds.......:cool:
It must be a sand themed maintenance weekend. I'm planning on pulling 10 to 20 pounds of sand out of my system today. I added too much at the very beginning and have never bothered to adjust. And, it happens to be the Caribsea special grade.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up some new equipment that came in Friday and more that’s due to be delivered tomorrow. 2 new DOS pumps ( finally upgrading away from the Corl Box dosers) 2 Apex AFS kits as I’m traveling more for work and I want to keep my fatties well fed, 2 MP40’s, and switching back to ESV B-Ionic 2 Parts I just don’t feel the last month of running BRS was nearly as consistent go I bought 2 of the 8 gallon sets as well as a 5 gallon MG.
Once this is done I need to finish the side wall and start cleaning up all the mess from the new build.

Oh and this week the 2 yellow tangs, 1 Scopus Tang, and 1 Purple Tang come out of QT so I’ll have to clean the QT tank as my Harlequin Tusk should arrive this week.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making some apex adjustments.

Adding ABS side and bottom to my dual 40's build.

Adding spinning bases to my dual 40's build

Drill and install overflow and abs back and bottom to my JBJ 10 to replace my fluval 6.

Making rodi water

Refilling salt mix station

Initial planning for plumbing to redo the new 10's bigger water lines, layout for 40's plumbing, plans to add second L2 and move existing L2 to outside of sump.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just removed over 100 frags from my frag tank so now is a good time to do some cleanup in the tank. Remove some of the zoas and palys growing on the racks and maybe clean them up a bit.

Got some new fish in QT - a male lightning maroon, trying for the 2nd and final time to pair with my meanie female, then just some pajama cardinals for cheapo slow moving fish. Will be doing TTM on them which is easy on them hard on me. Since they came from different sources I felt I should qt them separately just in case, no point risking them all on the same thing. No matter what it's going to be hit or miss adding the maroon but will be doing more research, and digging through my old boxes of fish junk so I can find a breeders box to put the male in once he finishes qt.

Despite only being gone 2 days, corals that had been attached for months have managed to fall in my display while away so I'll cleaning up my main tank a bit too, and checking through my systems to make sure nothing else is slightly eschew after not looking at them for more then 48hrs which is extremely rare for me.

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not blowing my budget on day two of RAP that’s for sure.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Continuing to get my tank from this
20190813_181348_resized.jpg
20190813_181352_resized.jpg
20190809_191029_resized.jpg
20190809_191013_resized.jpg

To this
20190817_174436_resized.jpg
20190817_174410_resized.jpg
20190817_174404_resized.jpg

Along with hopefully getting my doser mounted and set up to dose 2 part.
Hang in there. It’s tedious but it will EVENTUALLY subside. I’ve battled it twice. The key is being more persistent than the Dino/cyano whatever you’re battling.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowering my 2 XR15s that are at 15” AWL down to 9” and adding a 3rd!
Question; I put some banana boat spf 30 in an extra kalk reactor like google said to do but the corals aren’t absorbing it like it said it would??? What the World am I doing wrong??? Hahaha
Cool! I thought I was the only one on here that was Banana Dosing! My coral has never been happier.

I’m at Walmart with the boss so I will probably not get home to do anything on my Reef this weekend.

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my DOS to start the automatic water change on the DT; mixing water in the 44 gallon Brute can; priming the DOS and wondering what could go wrong...lol!

Later this week I will head over to my LFS and look for another set of fish for the second QT. I am starting the process of getting fish in my DT. :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back