My Tang is a jerk. I need something for my sand.

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I need some advice. My Tang is a serious bully/murderer. My marine betta, lyretail hawfish, and vloriks eats inverts (maybe others just caught these). I cannot keep any crabs unless it's a huge hermit. So far they seem to leave my urchin alone. My Tang has killed a lawnmower blenny, royal Gramma, longnose hawk, pj cardinal, and bullied many others. My vloriks and Tang teamed up on my moyeri who I rescued and she is thriving in my sump. I have a pj cardinal living in each of my overflows. I got my Tang when it was TINY and it appeared to be a lavender Tang...it is not. It's about 5 inches now and it's a 2 spot bristletooth..I think. I need help with my sand it's atrocious. I think that I need to add a goatfish but my Tang most certainly will kill it.

All of my fish are obese... like big fat fatties. I feed frozen, nori, and have an auto feeder for my anthias. Help.

-Should I rehome my Tang and introduce a new one the same time as goatfish? (Add moyeri and Cardinals back )
-Pull Tang while goatfish quarantines and reintroduce all together?
-Do you think my wrasse will become new tank bully?
-I cannot remove sand with my wrasses.

150g deep w dual overflows and 55g sump with refugium.

Current stock list:
-Mocha domino clown male
-Black ice clown female
-Red lyretail hawkfish 6"
-Coral beauty- 3"
-Two spot bristletooth Tang 5"
-One spot foxface 6"
-Vlrolrik wrasse 6"
-Male lyretail anthias 4-5"
-Red bar anthias 4-5"
-Marine betta 7-8"
-5 Talbot damsels (I know...had a year and get along bc they have plenty of room...I secretly love them)
-Moyeri wrasse- 4" sump dweller
-2 PJ Cardinals 2" left and right overflow dwellers
-2 RBTAs my clowns don't host. Just split after a blackout
-2 corals only
Mushroom and devil's hand leather
Im so sorry about the tang, I had a starry Blenny who killed my solon wrasse, Pearly Jaw fish, And Yellow Watchmen. For sand i like sleeper gobys. They can be pretty cheap for a saltwater and they are relatively hardy the only problem with mine is that he gets sand every but for me its worth it. Good luck

OP
OP
AMBER NICHOLS

AMBER NICHOLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright friends. I added some new fish after quarantine (Nebulous wrasse, sleeper banded goby) and pulled my sump/overflow inhabitants. I use a critter keeper to acclimate. I nailed a J hook inside my canopy and hang the basket from this so it gets plenty of flow. I keep the lid closed for the 1st day and open on 2nd. I don't force them out but let them venture out on their own. On day 3 I noticed a wrasse back in the box so I kept it in just in case he was trying to hide from my murder face tang. Today on day 4 there were mistakes made...tang put himself in jail. Question is do I pull him or keep the bully in?!? I will never be able to catch him again lol

Attachments

• VID_20210409_185812471.mp4
    16.2 MB

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As was mentioned you can add some more tangs at the same time or pull the current one. If it were me I would just rehome him and have a peaceful tank

OP
OP
AMBER NICHOLS

AMBER NICHOLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As was mentioned you can add some more tangs at the same time or pull the current one. If it were me I would just rehome him and have a peaceful tank
I purchased a powder brown but he sadly didn't make long in quarantine. It was pretty disappointing since you have to time out these quarantines just right.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back