My tank has a fairly large bubble in the seam.

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking to replace it but don't know what size the bulkhead and hole for the bulkhead need to be, since I bought this one used it was already drilled and he gave me the bulkhead so I just brought it to the store and found the pieces I needed that would fit, fast forward a few months now the tank has a huge bubble in one of the seams and I need to most likely replace asap, so how do I find out what size bulkhead and what not I already have so I can replicate this setup on the new tank. Inserting photos of the bubble, and the plumbing that needs replicating.

tempImage8tf3Yg.png tempImageXEBkFE.png tempImagedI0ozF.png tempImageGdsch3.png

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulkheads go by the size of PVC that fits them. I'm guessing you plumbed the tank, so you should know the size of pope you used. If you can't remember, look at the red writing on the PVC pipe as it typically tells you. If the PVC is 3/4" you need a 3/4" bulkhead, if it is 1" PVC, you'll need a 1" bulkhead. Ect.

Edit: if you're also trying to figure out what size diamond hole saw is needed to drill the tank, I usually look at the bulkhead product page on BRS' website. They have the required hole saw sizes in the description.

OP
OP
N

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just measured, its a 1 in pipe inside there so it's a 1 in bulkhead right?? Also can you link the bulk reef supply article sorry thanks is much

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that should be correct. Here is the product page. If you scroll down to the 1" bulkhead description, it says to use a 45mm diamond hole saw for that size of bulkhead.

Back