My tank is whack with low phosphate....

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 5 and still dosing .06 to .09 PO4 daily, taking one measuerment in the afternoon and keeps coming back .03ppm so on it goes...going to keep dosing until I see the number in the afternoon higher then I will reduce the amount until hopefully I can get something stable....

Sounds like an appropriate plan. :)

OP
OP
bishoptf

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am at 3 weeks or about 21 days and still dosing close to .15 PO4 daily. Not all at once but in the morning late afternoon and evening. I check phosphate in the late afternoon and its been hovering around .03ppm but I can seem to make it go higher, you would think after 3 weeks it would have reached equilibrium in a 2 year old tank. Oh well I still think phosphate is whack, my nitrate is around 8-9ppm...

:)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am at 3 weeks or about 21 days and still dosing close to .15 PO4 daily. Not all at once but in the morning late afternoon and evening. I check phosphate in the late afternoon and its been hovering around .03ppm but I can seem to make it go higher, you would think after 3 weeks it would have reached equilibrium in a 2 year old tank. Oh well I still think phosphate is whack, my nitrate is around 8-9ppm...

:)

At 0.15 ppm per day, you may be just balancing biological demand, bit it is also possible the calcium carbonate surfaces have not yet loaded up to equilibrium with 0.15 ppm.

In either case, I do not see a reason to change the dosing. It seems to be on target, IMO.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back