My tank needs some house calls – willing to pay

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a bummer. I wish I had the knowledge to help you jump start your recovery, unfortunately I'm a pretty laissez-faire reefer. Maybe look into old tank syndrome? Maybe go back to the basics adequate clean up crews, flow, water changes, possibly cleaning sections of sand bed for accumulated debris. Just throwing a few ideas out there. Fortunately there's plenty of really knowledgeable people on this site. I think Jeremy St Louis does some tank maintenance as well. Good luck Kurt

OP
OP
L

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All great ideas, Kurt. I know I definitely need to step up my water changes and re-stock the clean up crew. I'm usually a pretty relaxed reefer as well - worked great with my first tank, obviously not so well with this one :(

Kvinal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All great ideas, Kurt. I know I definitely need to step up my water changes and re-stock the clean up crew. I'm usually a pretty relaxed reefer as well - worked great with my first tank, obviously not so well with this one :(

Did you get this worked out? Shoot me pm on fb

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you find the help you need.

I think best case scenario is that the issue is just the admitted lack of husbandry and it just needs some TLC. I think a tank tear down is drastic without trying simpler methods first.

Have you inspected all your equipment for potentially a bad magnet or heater or something of that sort?

Best of luck

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back