Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy birthday to your tank!!

MicroPico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations Paul B. on your milestone victory. You & your tank are an inspiration to us all. May your tank have many more years to come. :)

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always amazing to see your tank. Reading your posts is a joy. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

babyjess210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!!! Just curious what kind of lighting and skimmer did you use 46 years ago and if you still are still using any of them??

Blmain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul you are a legend! I hope you and your tank flourishes for many years to come. Thanks for all the knowledge you have shared and happy tank birthday

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I didn't think so many people were interested. Thanks guys.

Happy 46th birthday to your tank. Man, that wrasse looks sad. What happened?

That wrasse is actually very happy and healthy, he is making breakfast for me now. That is just a lousy picture.

There is a 100 page thread about my tank here if you are interested. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tank-birthday-40-years.55423/page-98#post-3574650

I also wrote a book which is on here someplace.

Congrats!
Some things from way back in 1971:
- 26 amendment passed
- Apollo 15 landing
- Microprocessor developed
- Disney World opened!!!! :D

Of course I remember those things. That same year I returned from my service in Viet Nam, I was 21 :D

Congrats!!! Just curious what kind of lighting and skimmer did you use 46 years ago and if you still are still using any of them??

At that time I used regular fluorescent lighting or light bulbs, I forget. My first skimmer was a Sanders counter current which I quickly removed and built my own. I build all my lights and skimmers. My lighting now is a DIY water cooled LED system. It is all in that thread I linked

The tank started in here in 71

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally impressed! Thanks for sharing. I would love to know what equipment you've used over the years. If you ever have the time to write up a thread on that, I think many of us would like to learn more from your experience.
Wow, I didn't think so many people were interested. Thanks guys.

That wrasse is actually very happy and healthy, he is making breakfast for me now. That is just a lousy picture.

There is a 100 page thread about my tank here if you are interested. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tank-birthday-40-years.55423/page-98#post-3574650

I also wrote a book which is on here someplace.

Of course I remember those things. That same year I returned from my service in Viet Nam, I was 21 :D

At that time I used regular fluorescent lighting or light bulbs, I forget. My first skimmer was a Sanders counter current which I quickly removed and built my own. I build all my lights and skimmers. My lighting now is a DIY water cooled LED system. It is all in that thread I linked

The tank started in here in 71
Paul,
This is where you hawk your book. ;)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back