My tank

Ryanbarilics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have lost like 5 fish in the last week.temp is 78 corals look good.water test good.salt levels test good.did 10 gallon water change today.added bacteria 5 oz to my 100 gallon tank.any reasoning why I could have 5 fish die in a week?

OP
OP
Ryanbarilics

Ryanbarilics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has your tank been running? Specific numbers would be helpful, Salinity, Alk, Cal, Mag, etc..
3 months salinity 1.023 and I had the salt water store by me pet world test the water they said it looks good they said nitrate a tiny above normal.and recommend I do 10 gallon water change and add bacteria. But they said they are not sure why the fish died.the fish were added to the tank like 3 weeks ago that already had some danzils.A Yellow tang,peppermint shrimp,clownfish,an 1inch little orange forget name of it and 1 inch purple headed with yellow tail also forgot name all died in the last week.all corals in tank look good.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are can be any number of reasons your fish died. Disease, stress, contaminants, water quality. Salinity is a bit low. Do you have any water test kits at home? You really should be able test your water..salinity, alkalinity, calcium, magnesium are important, especially if you have corals. How long did you have the fish? Did you acclimate and/or quarantine them before putting them in the tank? How were the fish behaving/eating? Do you have any pics of the fish? Was there anything noticeable on the bodies like spots, sores or torn fins? Do you make your saltwater or buy it from your LFS? If you make it, do you use ro/di water? What salt are you using?

As you can see, there are a lot of things that can affect a fishes health. The more specific information you can give the easier it will be to help you. Let’s see if we can get some more help/experience here.
#reefsquad

Back