My thoughts on the Red Sea Marine Care test kit

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The test kit has 5 tests ammonia, nitrate, nitrite,ph and kh. Why put kh test into this kit and not phosphate when they have the kh, calcium and magnesium kit. If you stick with Red Sea test kits it forces you to buy an extra kit there by increasing your cost. Also the kit came with only 3 vials for 5 tests. When I want to test for all 5 I need to clean and dry 2 vials. Plus the syringe isn’t easy to read I have a syringe that cost $2.50 that is much easier to read and holds more water. This doesn’t sound important until you realize how important correct measurements are. Some of the test take more than one syringe full the more measurements the more chances of error. My last complaint has to do with the kh test the pipPete seems unable to consistently measure one drop. There are many positives with this kit and am overall pleased with this kit and am not trying to persuade anyone from buying this kit. Maybe hoping Red Sea will address some of these issues

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is simple: these are the tests that Red Sea recommends when used in conjunction with their Reef Mature Starter Kit, hence why phosphate isn't included (not needed). Most get the Pro versions of phosphate, calcium and magnesium and simply add those. Why only 3 vials? Because once your tank has cycled you'll only really be using alkalinity, nitrate and pH.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back