My Toxic Branching Hammer looks like it’s dying.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, idk if you read my initial posts, im running a 20g water box lol no skimmer only 2 snails… so if I fed all that trust me I’d have all kinds of issues, well now maybe not as much with all the media added. I’d have to try it out.
Thank you.
Yes I did read you initial posts but sometimes I forget, I am retired now and my brain wants to retire but I won't let it lol. You don't need a skimmer on a 20, just larger weekly water change. Depending on your nutrient level you can change more water like 5 gallons weekly, eventually when your corals get bigger and you have a large number of them they will consume some of the Po4 and No3. My nutrients are very stable at the numbers you see.

Several months ago I had a number of GHA clumps in several areas and it was long. I used FluxRx and ChemiClean, killed all my algae (make sure you remove the dead or dying algae). My Po4 was 0.04 and No3 was 5, after removing all the algae my numbers shot up to where I am at today and no algae or slime now going on six months. After the GHA and red slime (which was minimal) was removed my rocks were quickly covered by coraline algae, supposedly GHA won't grow on coraline.

I don't run carbon anymore, unless something is dying and then I use poly-filter. They say using carbon too often may cause hole-in-the-head disease in Tangs.
Take care.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back