My trident experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a bash against Neptune, love my Apex and has probably saved my tank at least once when my AC died in my house

So after having my trident for about 7 months, here is my experience with it:

What i like about it:
When its working its great, monitors alk, cal, and mag and now that 6 month replacements can be found it doesn't cost a ton to run, 200 for a whole year of reagents not too bad.

What i hate about it:
First trident developed an issue, was leaking and would say no sample though i could see the cuvette filling with water. Messaged support and got a refurbished unit sent to me (with new reagents) and that was working for about 3 months and now im getting errors again, no water sample and test A, B, and C failed. fixed the test failed (little kink in the line easy fix) but now it doesnt look like its pulling in water.

Overall, i'm not sure if i would get another trident considering that i've had 2 major issues with it, though when its working its great. Will update after talking to support.

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, have had Trident for year now maybe, I do find a little variance in kh reading compared to Hanna Checker (0.5 difference) but other than that I LUV it and have had no other real problems.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure support can you sorted out.

In my experience the “no sample” error was due to the black sample line clogging. Removing the line and pushing some water through using a test kit syringe fixed that, if you want to give it a try (then prime sample and see if it fills). Wasnt really the fault of the device, just due to junk in my sump.

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure support can you sorted out.

In my experience the “no sample” error was due to the black sample line clogging. Removing the line and pushing some water through using a test kit syringe fixed that, if you want to give it a try (then prime sample and see if it fills). Wasnt really the fault of the device, just due to junk in my sump.

Tried that, has no issues pulling water or pushing air threw it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back