OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cream Cicle is set up for automatic water change. I have it running continuously at 11ml per minute. I had to increase the amperage to have the torque to pinch 2 tubes at the same time. Heat was a concern so the driver required active cooling hence the fan. I also used a stronger stepper motor that was capable of higher torque.

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through this entire thread again and boy what a journey. From using layered acrylic cut out with a laser to 3d printing parts and refining things even further.

a few months ago, I abandoned the complicated pump mechanism and simplified it to 2 stationary parts and the 2 part rotor. It is so much quieter and it doesn't require any adjustments.

oMbCjaml.jpg

It was a fun project, and I've made a total of 3 of them for various functions, with the looming release of the Ecotech Versa, the price in which it costs me to make one of my pumps, I could get a versa $20 cheaper. And their software interface is so much better than what I came up with.

Ending as I began, I learned sooo much from this project and I'm glad I stuck it out and I want to thank everyone for your comments and help along this fun journey.

Cheers!!!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through this entire thread again and boy what a journey. From using layered acrylic cut out with a laser to 3d printing parts and refining things even further.

a few months ago, I abandoned the complicated pump mechanism and simplified it to 2 stationary parts and the 2 part rotor. It is so much quieter and it doesn't require any adjustments.

oMbCjaml.jpg

It was a fun project, and I've made a total of 3 of them for various functions, with the looming release of the Ecotech Versa, the price in which it costs me to make one of my pumps, I could get a versa $20 cheaper. And their software interface is so much better than what I came up with.

Ending as I began, I learned sooo much from this project and I'm glad I stuck it out and I want to thank everyone for your comments and help along this fun journey.

Cheers!!!
The pump looks awesome. I like the simplicity.

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, can you tell me which distance di you have between the frame and the rollers ? Because i'm getting dump trying to customize a pump found on thingiverse. inner diamter 2mm, outer diameter 4mm, i'm leaving 1.9mm gap between the frame and the rollers but the water doesn't move, probably i'm not squezing enough. If I reduce the gap, water moves, but the hose will wear out very fast (after 24 hours i saw silicon "dust" everywehere)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back