My very first SW tank build!! 75 gallon beast.

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there!

This thread has been long overdue for an update. A lot has gone through so i will try to do my best to keep it organized unlike previous updates lol :rolleyes:

Updates:
  1. Full Tank Shot
  2. New Youtube Channel
  3. New Coral Additions
  4. New Algae Battle
  5. Par Readings
  6. Food Change
IMG_1361~photo.JPG

2. I decided i wanted to document my journey not only on IG but also on YouTube. I suck at writing so lets make videos hahaha 305_Reefer YouTube Channel

I added a few new corals and will add some pictures but i thought a list would be better.
  • Purple Torch
  • Green Tip Hammer
  • Ultra Bubble Tip Anemone
  • Dendros
  • Green Micromussa
  • Fire and Ice Blastomussa
  • Mardi Gras Bounce Mushroom
  • Mahui Wowiie Mushroom
  • Duncan Colony
  • Red Bowerbankii
Well after i beat Dinos it was all good and dandy until Green ****** Cyano came through.... Now this is something im truly not familiar with it so i asked around and did some research.

Turns out the same method i used to beat dinos could work on green cyano so thats what im doing. The dirty method hahah or LARM (Lazy A** Reefer Method). If this doesnt work i will try chemiclean or something similar.

Par Readings were surprisingly GREAT!! remember i use Viparspectra lights. The even spread was the most surprising thing i got out of it. The picture below shows what my par looks like now.

IMG_0877~photo.jpg

I started making my own food... i got tired of paying so much for frozen food and always fighting phosphates.
i will post the full recipe in a future update.

If you read until the end... THANK YOU!! i cant believe you put up with my rambling and my average a** reef build. Id appreciate a follow on IG and Youtube @305_reefer.

Looking good brother!

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
enjoyed reading thru your build! Looking good dude! I started in March 2020 and I think I've gone waaaaaaaay too fast....check my build out if you get a chance. I think i may be battling some green cyano now too. I'm gonna try your "LARA" method ;)

Keep up the good work and def following!

OP
OP
Rogued_Reefer

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
enjoyed reading thru your build! Looking good dude! I started in March 2020 and I think I've gone waaaaaaaay too fast....check my build out if you get a chance. I think i may be battling some green cyano now too. I'm gonna try your "LARA" method ;)

Keep up the good work and def following!
Thank you!! You’re the MVP for making it this far Hahahah I’m going to check out your build right now! Make sure if you follow the LARM lol you do syphon the sand through a sock to get rid of the algae and detritus build up (get a mesh sock it makes cleaning it much easier therefore you’re more likely to do it)

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Build thread....Tank looks awesome...I see on the coral you jumped in with both feet and went with some nice stuff!!! I saw your post on photography. Great pictures and nice coral shots. Had to check out the rest of your tank.

OP
OP
Rogued_Reefer

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Build thread....Tank looks awesome...I see on the coral you jumped in with both feet and went with some nice stuff!!! I saw your post on photography. Great pictures and nice coral shots. Had to check out the rest of your tank.
Thank you!!! I need to update my build thread hahah but except Coral nothing much has changed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back