OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's your BTA doing this time around? Your tank is a bit more older and stable, so crossing fingers for you that they settle down well for you.
Tanks a little dirty right now but the BTA seems to be staying happy. I'm happy with how it filled in the area I placed it.

My clowns could care less about it lol. I tried to print out a picture to tape to the glass and my printer decided to die. Maybe I'll start playing videos again....

PXL_20211109_004410039.MP.jpg

happyhourzhao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup! My wife also printed a photo of a clown hanging on top of a BTA & clipped it to the side of the tank. She swears thats how our two SA Black Snowflake clown began hosting on them.....except thats all they do now!

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup! My wife also printed a photo of a clown hanging on top of a BTA & clipped it to the side of the tank. She swears thats how our two SA Black Snowflake clown began hosting on them.....except thats all they do now!
My lfs told me it's worked for 5/5 that he's recommended it to, so I think it may be true!

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks a little dirty right now but the BTA seems to be staying happy. I'm happy with how it filled in the area I placed it.

My clowns could care less about it lol. I tried to print out a picture to tape to the glass and my printer decided to die. Maybe I'll start playing videos again....

Looking very healthy and bubbly! Also love those Rastas (I think that is what they are?)!

After my Dino adventure I would say a slightly dirty tank isn't such a bad thing! I'm starting to appreciate the challenge that having a low nutrient tank (for SPSs, etc) poses in trying to really keep the numbers down, but not too far down. Our tanks can handle a bit more, SPSs, not so much.

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very healthy and bubbly! Also love those Rastas (I think that is what they are?)!

After my Dino adventure I would say a slightly dirty tank isn't such a bad thing! I'm starting to appreciate the challenge that having a low nutrient tank (for SPSs, etc) poses in trying to really keep the numbers down, but not too far down. Our tanks can handle a bit more, SPSs, not so much.
I don't remember what the name is, but Rasta sounds good lol.

I've definitely for the dirty look down in my sanded. I added a sand sifting star today, and my giant brittle star just looks like a sea monster hiding in and under my rockwork.

I can't remember the last time I tested anything except the salinity of my wc water.

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dealing with dinos for a while now, and managed to find my dream upgrade!

I just picked up a WB Marine X60.2 and it makes my 20 look small. I have been planning on using the rip clean method to get my tank cleared up, and getting this new tank will make the process a little bit easier, I think.

I am going to use the same light, and try to use just the one Nero 3 power head. I don't plan on adding any more rock, just going to clean the central rock structure out really well. Hoping the bigger return along with the extra room around the rock will give me better flow throughout the whole tank

I'm going to try to skip the skimmer and try to get some chaeto growing in the sump.

I haven't figured out how to edit my build thread title yet so maybe I'll just start a new one.
IMG_20220212_175012_01.jpg

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day, my purple BTA didn't make it. Found it rolling around almost all shriveled up.

On a good note I have the new tank filled and fuge started in sump with chaeto and red ogo, I think. Just waiting for the lid to get here from kraken reef, maybe next week!

Once transfer done and I'm comfortable with the new system I'll have to decide what BTA I'm going to try next.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back