My WaterBox MarineX 110.4 Build

_jayb_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm so excited about this build because It is going in a guest room that I have now converted to a fish room! This is my first WaterBox aquarium. I got the MarineX 110.4 and I plan for it to be a mixed reef tank.

Equipment
Return pump:
Hydor Seltz D 1600
Water movement: x2 IceCap Gyre 2k, x1 EcoTech MP40
Lighting: x2 AI Hydra 32
Cooling: JBJ Arctica 1/10
Heating: x3 200w heater, x1 300w
Filtration: Planning to get a Mini Bubble King 160, x2 BRS media reactors
Other: XP Aqua Duetto ATO, battery backups for the gyres and the mp40, InkBird temperature controller, for the first time I am using an Apex controller

1/11/21
I got the tank but had to store it in the garage because the fish room was not done. The driver put it in the garage for me no problem. He wouldn't even accept the tip I tried to give him for the help.
IMG-0777.jpg
IMG-0778.jpg

1/24/21
The fish room is finished!!! It has been freshly painted and new/extra outlets have been installed. The floor has also been redone with more support beams for the extra weight.
IMG-0767.jpg

2/11/21
Got the tank into the house and set it up. I also set up the QT tanks that I will be using before adding new livestock.

IMG-0780.jpg
IMG-0872.jpg

4/2/21
It took me around two months to get around to the aquascape, mainly because I was broke from buying all the other equipment (haha) and had to save up for the rock, mortar, superglue, etc. I think I used around 85lbs of the 100lbs of rock I ordered. I bought a wood plank to use as a temporary place to mount all the equipment. I'm thinking about ordering custom-cut PVC boards and building a sort of wall-mounted controller cabinet. Any ideas or opinions on this?

IMG-0859.jpg
IMG-0860.jpg

4/4/21
Added the sand!

4/5/21
I added ammonia and bacteria to the tank. Water has cleared after adding the sand yesterday and...WOW. Here's a video. Thanks to anyone who has read this far. I will try to keep updates coming.
IMG-0895.jpg
63951604731--3107D307-479F-4001-94AF-60B55539520F (1).jpg

Fernthereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you space the hydra's that far for a reason? I would center them a little more to avoid light spill and keep all the possible PAR inside the tank.

Otherwise, I like the unique scape.

OP
OP
J

_jayb_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you space the hydra's that far for a reason? I would center them a little more to avoid light spill and keep all the possible PAR inside the tank.

Otherwise, I like the unique scape.
No, I didn't put them that far apart on purpose. I will definitely center them. This is my first time using mortar, so I'm so glad you like how it turned out.

OP
OP
J

_jayb_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me around two months to get around to the aquascape, mainly because I was broke from buying all the other equipment (haha) and had to save up for the rock, mortar, superglue, etc. I think I used around 85lbs of the 100lbs of rock I ordered. I bought a wood plank to use as a temporary place to mount all the equipment. I'm thinking about ordering custom-cut PVC boards and building a sort of wall-mounted controller cabinet. Any ideas or opinions on this?

IMG-0859.jpg
IMG-0860.jpg

4/4/21
Added the sand!

4/5/21
I added ammonia and bacteria to the tank. Water has cleared after adding the sand yesterday and...WOW. Here's a video. Thanks to anyone who has read this far. I will try to keep updates coming.
IMG-0895.jpg
63951604731--3107D307-479F-4001-94AF-60B55539520F (1).jpg
4/11/21
Unfortunately, this is a very sad update. There has been a very sudden and unexpected death in the family. I am no longer living in this household, so I will be taking down this tank and all my other tanks. I will also be surrendering my livestock.

I know I will get back into the hobby, but it is unclear when, so I'm not sure what to do with all the equipment. Most of the equipment is brand new except for the MP40 that I got an open box deal on from Bulk Reef Supply. Since the equipment is new I know I could get a good price for it. Alternatively, I could just store the equipment until I'm ready to use it. Any opinions?

Also... I love my aquascape so I want to keep the rock. I'm going to drain the tank obviously, but will the rock still get all gross? Should I power rinse it with RODI water and then leave it in the tank?

Any opinions or suggestions on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4/11/21
Unfortunately, this is a very sad update. There has been a very sudden and unexpected death in the family. I am no longer living in this household, so I will be taking down this tank and all my other tanks. I will also be surrendering my livestock.

I know I will get back into the hobby, but it is unclear when, so I'm not sure what to do with all the equipment. Most of the equipment is brand new except for the MP40 that I got an open box deal on from Bulk Reef Supply. Since the equipment is new I know I could get a good price for it. Alternatively, I could just store the equipment until I'm ready to use it. Any opinions?

Also... I love my aquascape so I want to keep the rock. I'm going to drain the tank obviously, but will the rock still get all gross? Should I power rinse it with RODI water and then leave it in the tank?

Any opinions or suggestions on the above would be greatly appreciated.
Made me sad reading , sorry for your loss and I hope everything is doing much better in your life right now!

Back