My wennerae cracks me up! He had been holed up molting in his rock for over a week

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I was getting worried about him so I put a few mysis shrimp in his tank like usual when feeding everyone else. I come back 10 mins later and he’s waiting expectantly for me to give him something bigger!! :rolleyes: he is the most interactive mantis I ever had besides my first peacock, roger, in my profile pic!;Happy

9883035E-678E-44C1-84E5-F72C75F3114C.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing the picture!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I believe were haptosquilla in our last tank; collected a few rocks from the shoreline in Okinawa and there were three hitch-hikers. Was surprised there was anything living because it was quite a ways from the water.

biomekanic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an N. wennerae (sp) years ago, Carl.

He was awesome. I originally had the tank up in our bedroom, but very rarely saw him.

When I moved the tank to our dining/room living room he became much more active. He'd pop out to watch us watch TV, go to the corner and watch when we had friends over for game night, beg for food, etc.

I miss that little guy.

FreshwaterConvert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so struck by how awesome mantis shrimp are and I want one so bad! But a) I’m in college and I move around a lot and would have to go home for several weeks this year for winter break, and b) COVID-19 has made it so hard for my LFS to get in anything, much less rarer stuff for it like mantises, and I haven’t worked in a while either... so for now I’m living vicariously through this forum

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back