My wife will kill me if it leaks 525 gallons

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your Naso a slow-grower? Mine seems to be-- I thought he'd really take off (like my Rabbitfish has).
I know mine is/was. I got it at about 2.5" and 4.5 years later she's about 8". The first year it seemed like a very tiny amount of growth. It wasn't until year 3 that she seemed to pick up the pace. But definitely not a fast grower like a vlamingi or rabbit at all!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is your Naso a slow-grower? Mine seems to be-- I thought he'd really take off (like my Rabbitfish has).
My foxface, is slow grower. I wonder if it's a gender thing? I had a pbt and an emperor angel, they grew so fast. from 3 inches to near 7 in half a year. The weird thing is. it would probably take 3 or more pbt to equal the body mass of an emperor angel. I should have weighed them before I rehomed them.

OP
OP
Jubei2006

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New additions Magnificent Foxface, bubble coral. Sorry about the lighting, have the Mitras on acclimation mode for the next few days for the coral and new fish. So far so good. Will also change spectrum. Hate the really blue look even though the corals fluoresce better. Think I like about a 15 to 17k spectrum better.

Attachments

• 20210909_170832.jpg
    20210909_170832.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 20210909_100856.jpg
    20210909_100856.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
Jubei2006

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Magnificent foxface has been one fish I have wanted for many years. Finally...right time, right place, and could afford him. The wrasse is very pretty too. Blue throat, not that you can tell with the lights so blue. He shows up better on other pics!

OP
OP
Jubei2006

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, think the mitras are set on something like 24000kelvin to get them to look like that. My fish are just dark blobs swimming around the tank, it's getting changed!

OP
OP
Jubei2006

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, fish are gonna come first. I have the blue throat wrasse, orangeback wrasse, exquisite wrasse and solar wrasse. I cant tell them apart unless I have my nose pressed to the glass. I use to run 17k radion bulbs and it seemed to grow stuff fairly well. So I guess Im going to sacrifice a little accelerated growth to improve overall visuals on the tank. Guess the incinerator and promethazine zoas are gonna be boring to look at

OP
OP
Jubei2006

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice set up!! I will also be continuing to follow your progress. Always loved the big tanks. Congrats!
Thankyou! Have some other corals in quarantine that are earlier in this thread, hopefully the berghias will have the aiptasia in the quarantine tank cleaned out about the time the corals are ready for the big tank. My goal long term is to have a few select colonies that can grow to their full potential, as opposed to many tanks now that try to see how many frags they can stuff in. I have a green polyp toadstool I want to see as a catchers mitt size colony or larger. I plan on "hiding" the center island with large montipora caps over time. We'll see how it works out.

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou! Have some other corals in quarantine that are earlier in this thread, hopefully the berghias will have the aiptasia in the quarantine tank cleaned out about the time the corals are ready for the big tank. My goal long term is to have a few select colonies that can grow to their full potential, as opposed to many tanks now that try to see how many frags they can stuff in. I have a green polyp toadstool I want to see as a catchers mitt size colony or larger. I plan on "hiding" the center island with large montipora caps over time. We'll see how it works out.
I think that’s an absolutely amazing way to go about it. We so many ppl just go to town and fill there tanks with frags with no potential room for growth. I’m personally in the same mind set only on a much much smaller scale. I’m super excited to see the progress on this one. Good luck!!

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish! I also have an orange back and solar wrasse... still want to add another melanurus as they are great to have in my opinion. And now you're making me want another magnificent foxface! I had one about 14 years ago and they are so cool. I don't think my current foxface would have any issue with another one. He is big but very docile.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back